Sign in to follow this  
drayton_k

Captains PFD texture problem then CTD

2 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

Different STARS.  2 weeks ago, I tried EDDP to KMEM 5 nights in a row.  No matter what STAR, CTD at around 25000 to 27000 feet.  I got it today going from EDDP to KCLT.  I am suspecting either the 747, the EDDP scenery (Digital Design) or FSDT (they have both KMEM and KCLT).  However, I can complete the same flights without drama with the 777F.

Thanks for the reply.

Not something I've ever seen so i'm guessing it's possibly scenery related. Can you try without the scenery enabled?

The CTD due to the PFD popup is something PMDG is aware of and trying hard to find the cause.

In the next update this week there will be a FMS configuration selection for the PFD popup to disable it. That is no solution, but will help to inadvertently click the PFD and crash the flight.

Until then you will have to be patient as PMDG is still puzzled why this happens to some customers, while most never sees the issue.

René Moelaert

PMDG 744 Tech Team

Does anyone know if this CTD has been fixed when using the popup for the PFD since P3D V4.1 has been released?

Thanks

Unsure about that, but there is only one way to find out:cool:

When in doubt, enlarge the FO PFD, that one is not affected to the mentioned CTD.

12 hours ago, drayton_k said:

Does anyone know if this CTD has been fixed when using the popup for the PFD since P3D V4.1 has been released?

Thanks

PMDG has provided an option to disable the left DU popup, which is in the PMDG Options menu.  Users that do not have this event occurring may select to enable the option.  Other than that, PMDG is unable to trace the event for debugging without LM cooperation and they will only cooperate if PMDG surrender their source code so there is it is a standoff.

Dan Downs KCRP