Sign in to follow this  
captain_adf

keeping track of miles flown in flight

Do the Boeing FMCs allow for keeping track of actual miles flown? My not exactly thorough perusal of the FCOM hasn't turned up anything yet.  The situation is let's say there are significant deviations from the programmed flight path, due to diversions or ATC vectors.  Is there any way at the end of the flight to have a record of actual air (or ground track) miles flown?

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

1 hour ago, captain_adf said:

Do the Boeing FMCs allow for keeping track of actual miles flown? My not exactly thorough perusal of the FCOM hasn't turned up anything yet.  The situation is let's say there are significant deviations from the programmed flight path, due to diversions or ATC vectors.  Is there any way at the end of the flight to have a record of actual air (or ground track) miles flown?

I would guess no since aeronautical navigation is time based.

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

I would guess no since aeronautical navigation is time based.

I thought perhaps the IRS would be able to keep track, since it always knows the aircraft's present position, but indeed it does not appear that track miles are maintained by the system.

OT: I see you're in YPPH, any good looking (or even not so good looking) sceneries for Perth that work in p3dv4?

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!