Sign in to follow this  
Nick Dobda

Feasibility Study - FSX to P3dV4

2 hours ago, Nick Dobda said:

I am thinking the longer I wait, the less expensive the higher end equipment

Me too, on the same lines as you waiting to make the move to P3Dv4 when the hardware becomes available.

3 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Me too, on the same lines as you waiting to make the move to P3Dv4 when the hardware becomes available.

Thats good to know this thread might help others in my position. 

I've invested a ton and am happy, but the screenshots people are posting are making things very tempting. 

I got my hardware on craigslist for $400 because the guy I bought it from wanted to be on the cutting edge... upgraded his system and sold me his "obsolete" system. which was a massive upgrade from what I had before that.

2 hours ago, Nick Dobda said:

Thats good to know this thread might help others in my position. 

I've invested a ton and am happy, but the screenshots people are posting are making things very tempting. 

I got my hardware on craigslist for $400 because the guy I bought it from wanted to be on the cutting edge... upgraded his system and sold me his "obsolete" system. which was a massive upgrade from what I had before that.

Now, that is what I call a 'steal' ! Good for you.

I am in the same boat. I have a VERY stable FSX set up and I'm not sure I want to dump the TON of money it would take to make P3D V4 work for me. I think I'm going to hold for a while. I'm also not going to buy any more aircraft for FSX.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Same here.  I've been using FSX:SE for around a year now and it's been very stable for the most part.  A couple of add-ons have been giving me issues upon exiting the sim (CTD) but I know the specific ones and they haven't been interfering with any flights at all.

Quite a bit has been invested into FSX over the 10+years.  IMHO, I had no interest in paying for another version of FSX and having to reinvest in a bunch of selected add-ons for basically the same platform.  Sure there were bug fixes and a little extra "lipstick and mascara" but all in all it's been a re-badged version of FSX.

Now, with the advent of v4 and the core upgraded to 64bit, I feel upgrading is a little more palatable as this is finally becoming a "New" platform.  I'll be waiting until at least the first minor patch (v4.1) before I do anything.  Hopefully by then, most if not all my currently used add-ons will have been re-released for 64bit use.

Cheers!

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg