Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Quality Wings 146 in P3D4

So, what is the situation with the Quality Wings BAe 146 in P3D4? It works fine in P3D v3.3.5 for my taxi/take off/circuit/landing/taxi flights at major airports, but then this does not require use of some of the more complex systems and features. Does it even install and run at all in P3D4?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

18 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

So, what is the situation with the Quality Wings BAe 146 in P3D4? It works fine in P3D v3.3.5 for my taxi/take off/circuit/landing/taxi flights at major airports, but then this does not require use of some of the more complex systems and features. Does it even install and run at all in P3D4?

I don't think it does, most people can't even get it to run in v3, let alone in v4. I'd imagine the code would need reworking four the 64 bit environment. No information from QW except that installation into P3D isn't recommended or supported in any way.

On a side note, I have just noticed that the altimeter in my British Aerospace 146-200 is showing an altitude around 50 feet lower than it should. Pressing the "B" key is not correcting the problem. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It didn't work for me in P3D 3.4 and I am not holding my breath for QW providing a fix for P3D 4. I moved on to TFDi's Boeing 717. It is a pity, the 146 is such a great model. I really don't get why QW (at least apparently) dropped support for it.

Peter

3 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I really don't get why QW (at least apparently) dropped support for it.

Have they?

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

On a side note, I have just noticed that the altimeter in my British Aerospace 146-200 is showing an altitude around 50 feet lower than it should. Pressing the "B" key is not correcting the problem. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Have you managed to install it into Prepar3D V4? If so, how?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I keep an install of FSX Steam alive for reasons like this.

I am using it just fine in P3D3.4. Haven't tried it in v4 yet, gauges probably aren't going to work.

Bill

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Hi Bill,

no flaps issue? how did you installed it? Migration tool?  thanks for help :)

Fabian

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I never used the migration tool for anything. IIRC, I just pointed the installer to the P3D folder and it installed straight away. Same with the configurator tool. I use FSUIPC for all axes and never had a problem with anything. Dumb luck maybe :blink:?

It was some time ago I did this and there may have been a forum post somewhere on how to install it or maybe I am thinking of UT2,  can't remember now and I am not at my computer.  Not to useful,was it?:biggrin:

Once I get off work, I will check and see if I can figure out how I did it. It was pretty easy though.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

What is the issue with the flaps, Fabian?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I am using it in P3D v3.3.5, Anders.

Ah fair enough, Christopher.
I misunderstood you. Thought you've managed to get it working in Prepar3D V4... But quite frankly I don't think it's possible, since the gauges would have to be re-compiled, I suppose?

I've tried installing feelThere Map! in Prepar3D V4 - and it's just black, which leads me to believe, that the .gau file needs to be re-compiled.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

48 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

What is the issue with the flaps, Fabian?

Many people including myself have issues with either the flaps, gears or spoilers not working.   I've gotten the spoilers and gear working occasionally but not the flaps.   But maybe those who have the full paid version of FSUIPC can get them working by assigning them.

QW has dropped support for the 757 but as far as i know not for the 146.  But they aren't even going to look at it until after the 787 release so you get no response from them.  I understand their focus but makes me super wary about buying the 787 if this is the level of support to follow down the road.  

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png