Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

update6 translucent skyscrapers

I don't know if this has been an issue all along or if its new but it could contribute to performance issues I think.  Some of the downtown skyscrapers are translucent at dusk (and possibly/probably always).  Here are Philadelphia PA USA and Dallas Texas USA:

FSW170714translucentPhillyPA01.jpg

FSW170714translucentPhillyPA02.jpg

FSW170714translucentDallasTX03.jpg

FSW170714translucentDallasTX04.jpg

FSW170714translucentDallasTX05.jpg

its only some of the buildings. I tried two different airplanes and both summer sunset and sunny day with time adjusted.  The buildings look fine (not translucent) during the day but I bet they are(translucent). you just cant see it.

hope this helps.  if this is known then ignore.

• Upvote 2

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

This is a good find, well done sightseer! I haven't noticed this myself yet but I'll check it out now...

OK, I just flew around London at dusk and all the skyscrapers were solid - no translucency that I could see. I'm running FSW 18508 with all default settings, no tweaks and no nVidia Inspector profile. I'm using a GTX750Ti 2Gb on driver version 382.33. I'll try Philadelphia and Dallas too...

I just flew around Dallas at dusk and as it got darker the skyscrapers DID become translucent on the "shaded" side, on the "light" side facing West they were still opaque. Apart from that the cities look fantastic at night with the moving traffic, streetlights and all - it's quite an experience.

Thanks.  The buildings look really cool -- like ghosts -- but I know its not right and transparency  adds more workload I would assume.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

This bug might have been there all along. I found similar issue already with DTG Flight School when flying at dusk around downtown Chicago. Sent some screenshots and description over to DTG via their Kayako support desk at the time. Never got around to see if it got fixed. If I remember right, all of the affected buildings in Chicago were landmarks, i.e. not generic autogen buildings. The problem looked exactly the same as in the pics above.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EchoKilo said:

This bug might have been there all along. I found similar issue already with DTG Flight School when flying at dusk around downtown Chicago. Sent some screenshots and description over to DTG via their Kayako support desk at the time. Never got around to see if it got fixed. If I remember right, all of the affected buildings in Chicago were landmarks, i.e. not generic autogen buildings. The problem looked exactly the same as in the pics above.

Thanks for this EK, and sightseer. I've just submitted a bug report to DTG so hopefully it'll be looked at soon.

• Upvote 1