Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

FireFighter X 1.81 released

Hello @ll,

FireFighter X version 1.81 has been released today.

The app has already been updated on SimMarket. Please allow a few days for the other shops to follow through with their deployment.

This version is probably mostly for the helicopter crowd. There is a selection of BambiBuckets and Belly Tanks that can be attached to your helicopter - at runtime - at the click of a button - to any aircraft! You can add your own SimObjects to that list too.

Important: this feature will only work properly in the Prepar3D versions of FireFighter X (for P3D 2.5, 3.x and 4.x). The reason is, that the mechanics necessary for this type of application are not present in the older versions of SimConnect. Nevertheless, the option to attach a bucket is there in FSX too - but within limitations. The depiction in FSX is not very good, the buckets will stutter.

As an extra, FFX 1.81 sports the first ever working simulated heli torch - here is a short demo video (Please note that I have accelerated the fire lifecycle in the video so things are happening more quickly):

Best regards

Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Another video, showing an attached Bambi Bucket in operation.

Best regards

• Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

Hi @ll,

...and another short video, this time showing the animation of the water fill level inside of the buckets.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hello Sir,

I bought FirefighterX not long ago and it's just magic! Really gorgeous.

Small question about 1.81 in development: If I understand correctly, it will not be available for FSX?

Thank you in advance and good evening ! ;)

12 minutes ago, BSV1191 said:

Hello Sir,

I bought FirefighterX not long ago and it's just magic! Really gorgeous.

Small question about 1.81 in development: If I understand correctly, it will not be available for FSX?

Thank you in advance and good evening ! ;)

Hi,

the version number 1.81 will be released for FSX too - but the main feature with the attachments (=buckets and tanks) is only possible with P3D, sorry. I made a prototype for FSX but the attachments stutter madly - it looks really really bad. This is not something that I would consider adding to a payware application. This issue can not be resolved in code - FSX just doesn't have the functionality.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

This means I will be able to add the dangling water hose to the S64 Air Crane if I create it as a SimObject?

Michael

3 hours ago, Moonwolf said:

This means I will be able to add the dangling water hose to the S64 Air Crane if I create it as a SimObject?

Michael

Hello Michael,

you can attach any SimObject, yes.

But the movement logic for the non - rigid attachments was made for bambi buckets, so you will have to play with the parameters to find suitable settings.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

These bambi bucket's looking amazing, can't wait to get my hands on them with my Cera 412 ;)

*Bump*

Version 1.81 has been released - please check the OP.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

JustFlight just told me that the app was updated there as well.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver,

The type II and Type III belly Tanks look great sir :gaul:2017-8-14_6-40-36-648.jpg

Capt. Robert Rixx