Sign in to follow this  
chass32

GTN FPS on VR

Hi,

I just bought the CJ2 last night for my prepared v4 and discovered the mod to use the GTN on it. I´m tempted but don`t plan to buy it soon (I will but too many real life expenses just yet). I fly only on VR (feeling like being inside the CJ2 is amazing), which is VERY FPS demanding. I own a 980ti and found a good balance between graphics and smoothness and would love to know if I put the GTN on my CJ2 will I have any chance to survive? or it will bring my pc to its knees with just 5fps?

Don`t really want to spend another 50 euros and find out that I can`t get no more than a few fps.

Thanks!

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Need a hefty video card like the 1080Ti.  It is very powerful.

Also, where did you find the mod?  I have the beta. Followed directions exactly, but unfortunately did not work.

Actually I don`t have the mod since I don´t own the GTN750, but it´s in this very forum (CJ2)

A 1080ti would be nice, and I plan to get one, but at the moment I was wondering if the impact of the GTN750 on FPS is too high.

Anyway looking on flight1 page it seems that are not p3d v4 compatible yet, so we´ll have to wait.

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

I have a 1080Ti and a 1070 in my system running 9 monitors:  4 visuals, 2 G1000, Others for tough screen buttons. Re-doing the cockpit again, for the last time. No more switches. Nightmare to install, setup & maintain.  Touchscreen only glass cockpit from now on.

Anyway, went back momentarily to Prepar3D v3 and purchased the 750.  No noticeable frame rate drop on my system.  BUT...had to crank down the scenery or you get "out of ram error message".  Much more ram on board that 32 bit will ever allow.  Prepar3D v3 is way to buggy.  v4 is very smooth.

Problem, is I like the carenado business jets, but their FMC is absolutely useless.  I'm sitting here in the CJ2 and can't even find where to set the transponder.  That is pathetic.

11 minutes ago, captflyby said:

Problem, is I like the carenado business jets, but their FMC is absolutely useless.  I'm sitting here in the CJ2 and can't even find where to set the transponder.  That is pathetic.

Don't know what the FMC has to do with the xpndr. The xpnder is located on the lower part of the center instrument panel.

Ah yes.  Thanks for the quick response.  The ever famous VC.  I don't fly with the VC.  Have 105" main screens, side screens and Nav screens for pop ups, or for others I create.  No monitors for twirly VCs.  VCs were made for single screen flyers. Take a look at my avitar pic.  Never thought to check the VC thanks.  Still does not solve the problem for my cockpit.  But thanks.

Yes the FMC does not have anything to do with the transponder.  Just frustrated at the lack of FMC functionality.  On the G1000 the transponder is available in the two menu screens - that pop out for additional screen functionality, both in the real units and in the modeled ones.  The proline21 does not. Not because it couldn't but because they didn't want to bother programming it. 

Cannot fly an instrument approach with geo-referenced plates on a moving map.  Today, in this environment, that is the starting point.

Don't have the CJ2 installed presently but maybe the xpndr is available as a 2D pop up, e.g. together with the AP panel?

I was really hoping to be able to use Ezdok to square off a section of the VC, make a new camera and pop it in a monitor, but so far, no one can tell me if it can do more than one view (camera) at a time (for multi monitor layout).

Ezdok is getting better.  Cannot "cut out" instruments from the VC like I'd like, but you can use multiple instances.

Solved the Carenado FMC functionality.  Just removed & reinstalled.  Can't believe it was that simple all along.

is the mod working for the GTN 750 and c525a cj2 prepar3d v4 versions? because I have both and I am unable to select the NAV option in the autopilot... I don´t know if I am doing something wrong or it is because of the mod is not compatible with p3d v4. Please, some information? I was using the mod in p3d v3.4 without any problems.

56 minutes ago, Agustin Castro said:

is the mod working for the GTN 750 and c525a cj2 prepar3d v4 versions? because I have both and I am unable to select the NAV option in the autopilot... I don´t know if I am doing something wrong or it is because of the mod is not compatible with p3d v4. Please, some information? I was using the mod in p3d v3.4 without any problems.

I`m using it right now with v4 (both cj2 and GTN) and it works for me but I´ve seen in this forum (CJ2) someone with your very same problem. Don´t recall where though :/