Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Utility to control road traffic speed?

I saw a reference recently to a utility that the post said was available "somewhere on the internet" that allows FSX users to reduce the sometime ridiculous speed of vehicle road traffic. I've searched but had no success. Can anyone tell me where I might find it and what it's called?
Cheers

Ian

There's one for FSX in the AVSIM library called slowtraffic.zip.  

Orbz also had one titled ORBX_SLOWER_TRAFFIC_V3.zip.   It's under the topic heading "[TOOL] Orbx Slower Vehicle Traffic (Worldwide) - Version 3.00" dated June 5, 2010.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Now, if you are lazy like I am and hate trying to edit files and hope for the best, try this link!

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-to-adjust-speed-for-car-traffic-in-fsx.13250/

Scroll down about 18 or 19  posts to Fr. Bill's LWcfg.xml and download and install it in the

same area occupied by your FSX.cfg.  It should replace the LWcfg.SPB file.  I tried it and

it does slow down the car traffic nicely!:cool:

Added extra:  Were you thinking of Flusifix as the utility you were looking for?  It

has no effect on AI auto traffic, only aircraft.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, airernie said:

There's one for FSX in the AVSIM library called slowtraffic.zip.  

Orbz also had one titled ORBX_SLOWER_TRAFFIC_V3.zip.   It's under the topic heading "[TOOL] Orbx Slower Vehicle Traffic (Worldwide) - Version 3.00" dated June 5, 2010.

Ernie

Thats what I use for slowing traffic so much better :) 

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Gentlemen --- thank you for the quick and very helpful response. As I'm an Orbx addict, I'll probably try their one first but the other options look fine too!!

Thanks guys
Ian

3 hours ago, charliearon said:

Were you thinking of Flusifix as the utility you were looking for?  It

has no effect on AI auto traffic, only aircraft.

What??!!  There's something Flusifix doesn't do? :huh:

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

LOL - OK, you have my attention. What on earth is Flusifix? :blink:

I believe what Charlie was talking about is this: http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/flusifix06.htm

If you scroll down to the 'AI Traffic' section, you'll see the feature regarding speeding up AI aircraft on the ground as well as adjust ground vehicle speed, though I'm not sure if he's talking about the vehicles at the airport or the general traffic out on the roads, highways, etc. Worth a shot if you've got the necessary files backed up before giving it a go.

Apologies if I've misunderstood you, Charlie. Please correct me if needed.

@krazyk,  that's the puppy!  I'm pretty sure it's AI aircraft and maybe airport ground vehicles.  Cars and road traffic are part of the LWcfg.XML or .spb.  Living World I guess is the meaning.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: