Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

CARENADO 690B TURBO COMMANDER FSX/P3D RELEASED

Tenpin first opinions???  

Along with the Shrike Commander the turbo Commander are my favorites planes and I have flow in RL both!  

Regarding 

RB 

23 minutes ago, RobertBernardK said:

I have flow in RL both

Hi Robert, can you explain this please? Curious...

Mario Di Lauro

16 minutes ago, RobertBernardK said:

I mean that I fly both planes in Real Life. 

Regardless 

RB 

Nice! Lucky guy! Would love to hear your thoughts on this last one.

Mario Di Lauro

I've got the email also!. Just downloading it. One of my all time favorites.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Ed, I'll be curious to know what your first thoughts are on this one after you get a chance to test her out? I've always had a fondness for the Aero Commanders!

Cheers

Martin

Interesting they claim support for the F1 GTN 750. 

Wonder when that'll be available for v4.

Yes...please share your thoughts on this one.

I have the 500s and think it's a really good representation. I also used to fly the 500 in RL. My first real job in aviation; flying freight up in Iowa.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

According to the normal procedures checklist, the maximum recommended cruise power is 717,5HP/905°C ITT at 96% RPM. But i can't find ITT gauge.Am i blind. Thanks.

Real Deraps

1 hour ago, Lmaire said:

According to the normal procedures checklist, the maximum recommended cruise power is 717,5HP/905°C ITT at 96% RPM. But i can't find ITT gauge.Am i blind. Thanks.

Hi Lmaire --- I downloaded the 690 tonight and have spent a small amount of time with it. To respond to your comment about the ITT, at first look, it would appear that the ITT gauge is incorrectly marked as EGT. Will test it with a start up sequence tomorrow but this is a fair guess. So far, the plane is looking and performing nicely.

Regards.

3 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Hi Ed, I'll be curious to know what your first thoughts are on this one after you get a chance to test her out? I've always had a fondness for the Aero Commanders!

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin, sorry for not being very helpful, but just bought and downloaded the aircraft and will only install it after being back at home on my P3D computer. I'm away now in vacations and only with my laptop (flying Aerofly FS2 exclusively). Maybe you could give your impressions first, I believe!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 hours ago, Lmaire said:

From some cursory research, I can see that some versions of the AC690/695 indicate EGT, others ITT.  I'm not sure what the reason for the change is other than minor engine differences across the range.  It appears the devs given us manuals that aren't for the aircraft depicted.

RichieFly I think the same, the Shrike is a real good virtual representation of the plane. Behavior like the real one, just few items (AP and the hydraulic system)  that Bert and his magic fix this issues, 

I'm was the copilot with my father, the capitan, we use the 500S and the 680F to carry passenger's, the people was very comfortable back in the cabin, actually the 680F is in Minnesota (search in Google for reg YV1611 to see the plane) and the Shrike keep flying in Venezuela with another's crew (reg YV1616). 

The 690A/B, it's other history, I have like 60 hours in the right seat. The Rockwell Commander are my favorites planes. Well made, though and rough, there's no plane like this. Ted Smith best design along with the aerostar. 

I haven't buy the plane,  still don't have enough money, but viewing the gallery In the carenado page and there's a little but surprisingly detail. Carenado seems to made a model 690B but with the Renaissance program!!!!!!!  Besides the turbines are the logos of the renaissance program this mean that it's a new plane with every piece of the plane reworked and replace if is the case, and the most important thing, a pair of TPE331 DASH TEN (-10) turbines. So the temperature instruments must be mark like EGT. The ITT is use when the garrett is -5 or -3. 

This plane must have a performance compared to a C550, CJ, BE390 BE400, and another's jet / turboprp. 

Regardless 

RB 

• Upvote 1