Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

CARENADO 690B TURBO COMMANDER FSX/P3D RELEASED

On 2017-07-16 at 2:09 PM, Greggy_D said:

Does it work correctly?

I cannot make the flight director bars retract when not active..

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

I couldn't either. Tried everything.......

3 hours ago, whamil77 said:

I couldn't either. Tried everything.......

According to Carenado, you can use the red TOGA button on the side of the throttle handle.

Bert

I'm reading through the forum on this aircraft. I like the 500 and am looking hard at this one also. I get the feeling it might be a good idea to wait a bit to purchaser.  Wait for V1, V2 to come out with the bug list corrected. Anybody got any ideas.

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System

On 7/17/2017 at 2:32 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Even with Flight Director (on/off) key command?  That much works for me.

1 hour ago, C525B said:

Even with Flight Director (on/off) key command?  That much works for me.

I was actually looking for a switch in the cockpit...

.. and I have now been told that  the TOGA button does the job.

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I was actually looking for a switch in the cockpit...

.. and I have now been told that  the TOGA button does the job.

Scrolled past that post, sorry.

Found it. The toga is a small red button on the side of the throttle handle. I pressed it and the FD bars rise off.

Don Nelson

On 7/17/2017 at 0:08 PM, Tenpin said:

With virtual only pilot experience I'm not really qualified to get into the nuts and bolts.
I did a 21 minute flight this morning for the sole purpose of it's flight dynamics, and, for me, liked what I seen. Maybe one of you RW 690 pilots can tell me if the sound's are on?
I couldn't hear much difference when the throttle was moved to a notch - so to speak - above idle - for what appeared to be a longer than usual time for a turbo engine.
The Carenado 228 is no where near that slow.
There usual no paint kit. Will make a home grown one later. If anyone is so inclined to share there's??
Cheers,

I have done a fictitious Ansett Australia livery for the 690B based on their last livery in 2001.  Looks very nice IMHO.  I use it for local flights in Australia and nearby islands.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjrmm3ww1qzer20/TurbCommander690B.bmp?dl=0

Edited by ozzieblr
Corrected URL link.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Hello everyone.

I appreciate and follow everyone's opinion when it comes to new planes specially when carenado planes come out. I noticed nobody mentions any issues with throttle so I assumed I am the only one experiencing issues with them. I used registered version of FSUIPC and have different profiles for different airplanes and they all work perfectly except for the just installed 690B commander. 

After setting them up I cannot get them to advance smoothly, as soon as I start to moving them up they start spiking and never stay in one place and go haywire on me to the point I have to cancel the flight. worth mentioning that prop feathering set up works fine. I even removed the profile from FSUIPC and set them up on FSX controls but I get the same results so I figured I'm doing something wrong. its only the throttles I am having a problem with

I'm hoping anyone can guide me in the right direction to get this fix and be able to flight such awesome plane.

Thank you in advance.

Have you put the powerlevers into reverse after engine start? If you fail to do so, on the Carenado version (not the real one!), you can't move powerlevers above idle. They will erratically move above idle and jump back. That's their way to 'simulate' the startlocks. 

Hello J35E

I did not before reading the start up procedures and realized my mistake. I appreciate your input and happy to say that I finally was able to flight this humble airplane. It has its flaws and for some reason eats lots of memory from my system but it is something I can work around.

Thanks again.

On 8/29/2017 at 8:02 AM, J35OE said:

Have you put the powerlevers into reverse after engine start? If you fail to do so, on the Carenado version (not the real one!), you can't move powerlevers above idle. They will erratically move above idle and jump back. That's their way to 'simulate' the startlocks. 

Curious...what would be the real world way?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

IRL you have to put the power levers into reverse to get the propellers out of their start locks (keeps them at minimum pitch during engine start)

If you don't do that you can advance the power levers full forward and the plane will not move because the prop pitch is still basically flat and creates no forward thrust.

That said, it has happened not only once that during higher power ground runs with the props in the start locks that one of them suddenly disengaged!

As my Metro III USAF IP said:  Then you are off for a funny ride.