Sign in to follow this  
Zeuss_1238

fs2crew 737 worth 82 million euro

7 hours ago, byork said:

I finished the coding last week.

Next week we need to beta test it to ensure nothing is broken.

Sounds good!

Any way I can get my hands on the product and be a part of the testing?

I am really eager to fly with the 737 fs2crew, I miss my First Officer :(

Linus Zwaka

I really hope this will follow PMDGs lead with a no-charge update to v4. 

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

Don't believe them ;)  The price is really due to the new VAT prices :)  Hee hee.

5 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

They have already announced that all of the new v4 products will be new charges.  Which is fine because it is well worth the price.

19 hours ago, byork said:

I finished the coding last week.

Next week we need to beta test it to ensure nothing is broken.

Happy to beta test, if you love getting dozens of tickets ;-)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

PMDG has always charged separately for  their P3D versions.  The P3D 777 for example is much more expensive than the FSX 777 from PMDG.

We however did P3D V1, 2 and 3 for free.   

But we have to start charging for the 64 bit versions.  It's becoming too expensive and time consuming to support FS9, multiple versions of FSX, and now multiple versions of P3D.

Best,

I think to be accurate you have to decide the cost of support for each product line seperately related to income (and anticipated income) before saying it is too expensive to support all models.  It may be (and I think it is) that it is too expensive to continue supporting FS9 and FSX except for a stated period after sale.

Harry Woodrow

My dream is to drop support for FSX, and have everyone on P3D 64 bits.  Realistically, P3D 64 is where everyone should be going.

But it won't happen.  There will always be FSX hold outs, and they would raise a major stink if I dropped FSX.

In fact, there are still FS9 hold outs...  I get emails from them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, byork said:

My dream is to drop support for FSX, and have everyone on P3D 64 bits.  Realistically, P3D 64 is where everyone should be going.

But it won't happen.  There will always be FSX hold outs, and they would raise a major stink if I dropped FSX.

I will support your dream... 

Philipp Schwaegerl

6 hours ago, byork said:

FSX is a dead meme

Before 64 bit P3d was already a better sim, and now, its better than ever! Personally I switched a long time ago.

Linus Zwaka

17 hours ago, byork said:

I have to be honest, I think you can legitimately continue developing only for v4 without leaving FSX in the dust.  Many developers are doing this.  People expecting support on a far-outdated platform are along the same lines as the folks who had a fit because Microsoft decided to stop supporting Windows XP ... literally 15 years after it was released.  In this case, though, no one loses support.  I think people get scared because they think that just because there might not be future products for their platform that current support would automatically end, but I wouldn;t see FS2Crew doing that in a million years, which is awesome.  

As far as cost effectiveness and labor, doing this everyone wins.  FSX users still have support for their current products, and those who choose to keep up with the latest gaming platforms get their new toys, and the developers get a bit less workload at the same time.  No one loses.

We have to realize that as gamers, we make the choice of if we want to remain nostalgic or go modern.  And I do not care who gets ticked at me for saying what I am about to say, but simulation is still gaming ... period ... end of story.  As such, as a gamer, I have a choice:  keep my PC updated and stay up to date with the latest and greatest in the games I like to play ... or I can not upgrade, keep playing the older stuff, and be left in the dust drooling as I sit there watching cool trailers of awesome games coming out that everyone else gets to enjoy.

The conclusion:  Staying up to date is the responsibility of me, the gamer, not the developers.  If I chose to stick with an older PC and FSX, I would never expect FS2Crew, PMDG or anyone else to keep making products for my outdated game.

Just my feedback :)

On 19/07/2017 at 7:18 AM, byork said:

So far good.  One beta tester just reported back that he couldn't find any issues after several flights.

I'm a new user having just switched from x-plane to p3dv4, but I am so excited to get my hands on this product! It looks fantastic!