Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

NGX crashed twice in P3Dv4

Guest JustanotherPilot

Flight YBBN- YBRM (QF1030)

Loaded NGX in Prepar3D v4, 10 mins into climb Prepar3Dv4 just crashed. Restarted computer, loaded P3Dv4 and NGX same route, 8 minutes into climb same CTD from P3Dv4

Addons ORBX AU, YBBN, ASPrepardv4, ASA, ProatcX.

System Win 10Creators Pro, i7-4790K, GTX 1060 20gig DDR3

Here is the Apprash report

Steve

NGXCRASH.jpg

Having the same issue with the NGX. Had a CTD on climbout on the DARRK1 dep out of KLAX-KSFO. Didn't do anything other than open the FMC and it froze immediately. Happened twice tonight. Not sure why. Just confirming its happening.

V/R

13 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Flight YBBN- YBRM (QF1030)

Loaded NGX in Prepar3D v4, 10 mins into climb Prepar3Dv4 just crashed. Restarted computer, loaded P3Dv4 and NGX same route, 8 minutes into climb same CTD from P3Dv4

Addons ORBX AU, YBBN, ASPrepardv4, ASA, ProatcX.

System Win 10Creators Pro, i7-4790K, GTX 1060 20gig DDR3

Here is the Apprash report

Steve

NGXCRASH.jpg

6 hours ago, FDX706 said:

Having the same issue with the NGX. Had a CTD on climbout on the DARRK1 dep out of KLAX-KSFO. Didn't do anything other than open the FMC and it froze immediately. Happened twice tonight. Not sure why. Just confirming its happening.

V/R

Try disabling 3rd party addons (scenery and the likes) and see if you can reproduce the crash

Nevermind it was my mistake...I loaded it the way I was suppose to and it worked perfectly. Thanks!!

I seem to be having a similar issue.  Took off from JFK headed towards ATL.  Crashes just before crossing EMI.  Wasn't sure if this is NGX related or not.  Seems to be reproducible.

EDIT:

I started another flight from scratch and so far so good.  Previously I was starting from a saved state - which used to work in v3 so I thought nothing of it.  Fresh startup seems to be the fix.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I seem to have the same problem with "saved" flights.  

If the saved flights came from a Prepar3D V3 version of a PDMG product, PMDG have stated they simply won't work in Prepar3D V4.  They did indicate they may include a fix in a future patch.

Mark Trainer