Sign in to follow this  
lennie

How do i move FSX stuff over to P3Dv4?

Hi everyone! This weekend my son is installing a new SDD to my computer. I plan to download V4 very soon. But I don't have the slightest clue how to get some FSX stuff that I have moved over or downloaded again. Please give me some suggestions: Orbx Global, vector, landclass, regions? A2A aircraft? Carenado and Alebeo? Flight 1 King Air and GTN750? FSUIPC? AS16? Rex? Milviz? FlyTampa, FSDT, and other airports? Etc, etc...

Do I need to go to each website and get instructions? I am almost computer illiterate, i dont know where to start, and old age is getting to me. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks for reading!

Lennie you nailed it, go to every website and find out if there is an installer for P3D V4 , if there is you are safe , if there is not  BE WARE! not being as you said comp literate you will be better off staying away from MAGIC tools...

Jorge

12 minutes ago, lennie said:

Hi everyone! This weekend my son is installing a new SDD to my computer. I plan to download V4 very soon. But I don't have the slightest clue how to get some FSX stuff that I have moved over or downloaded again. Please give me some suggestions: Orbx Global, vector, landclass, regions? A2A aircraft? Carenado and Alebeo? Flight 1 King Air and GTN750? FSUIPC? AS16? Rex? Milviz? FlyTampa, FSDT, and other airports? Etc, etc...

Do I need to go to each website and get instructions? I am almost computer illiterate, i dont know where to start, and old age is getting to me. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks for reading!

In *most* case, you can't just "move over" FSX add-ons to P3D... You need to get the P3D specific versions (sometimes they are part of what you paid, and sometimes they are a completely separate purchase).  you need to check each add-on/dev.

Hopefully your son can help you out too with any software issues that might come up. Does he sim also?

As far as Orbx goes, you are in luck...

The FTXCentral3 app will recognize that you have P3D installed and will allow you to install all the scenery that you purchased for FSX, previously.

Your son should be able to handle that without any difficulty..

As for the GTN750, we are all still waiting for Flight1 to release a P3DV4 version.. For now, keep FSX installed and fly there when wanting to use the GTN..

:cool:

Bert

35 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

As for the GTN750, we are all still waiting for Flight1 to release a P3DV4 version.. 

:cool:

And waiting and waiting.......LOL this process is like being 6 YO again waiting for Christmas. I have a feeling when the GTN stuff is released it will have a lot of new features.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

53 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

And waiting and waiting.......LOL this process is like being 6 YO again waiting for Christmas. I have a feeling when the GTN stuff is released it will have a lot of new features.

I just hope it has decent performance.. :cool:

Bert

Thanks everyone! Wish me luck this weekend! I am keeping FSX on the original SDD so i can fly the Real Air Duke, one of my favorites. Hope some developer can purchase the rights and offer it for P3D4. Bert...glad Orbx will not be a problem; but i read somewhere that vector is not available yet.

54 minutes ago, lennie said:

Hope some developer can purchase the rights and offer it for P3D4

There is a P3D version for the T-Duke and works fine in P3Dv4. There is a post on how to install it in v4, on the forums, here.

Cheers!

Maarten

16 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just hope it has decent performance.. :cool:

It would be nice if the 750 and 650 would handshake and talk to each other.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Not to hijack this thread, is it possible to say install P3Dv4 on one SSD and FSX-SE retained on another SSD, to fly my favourite, the ubiquitous PMDG MD-11?

You should be able to have two separate flightsims: FSX and P3D installed that do not interfere with each other.

Where things start getting murky, is where you have a gauge like the GTN750 that depends on a Garmin Trainer app that is being used by both flightsims... At that point, you do not have total separation..

There may be other examples where flightsim addons install files or use modules that end up tripping over each other..

Bert

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Not to hijack this thread, is it possible to say install P3Dv4 on one SSD and FSX-SE retained on another SSD, to fly my favourite, the ubiquitous PMDG MD-11?

I have 3 different sim on my system, even on the same drive and never had any difficulties with any of them.

Cheers!

Maarten