Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just outrageous frame rates!

5 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Beautiful shots, joining late to the party due to a recent big hardware update, I'm just about to buy my XP11 copy, and the demo just flies amazing!

I hope that update includes a few Western Digital multi-TB My Books, LOL!  Yep...you'll need 'em...for there's no going back to synthetic textures over land class, after you dip your toes in the water....  Nope...

Alex, you're going to have a blast....

Cheers,

Mitch

What is this "ARC CUT" thing and how do you use it with Ortho4xp, I'm using Ortho4xp but Bing does not have good images for the entire New Zealand, some are great some are not. Have you had to do a lot of editing? Colour enhancements, add buildings etc?

On 7/15/2017 at 9:26 AM, Sesquashtoo said:

I hope that update includes a few Western Digital multi-TB My Books, LOL!  Yep...you'll need 'em...for there's no going back to synthetic textures over land class, after you dip your toes in the water....  Nope...

Alex, you're going to have a blast....

Cheers,

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Is there a specific tutorial you followed for creating Ortho4XP Tiles? I know there are several about but your screenshots look amazing. I have had little too no sim time for the past month due to our wedding and a house full of people lol 

Hoping to get some time in soon when the wifey goes back to her regular shifts lol

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

20 hours ago, buzzard2008 said:

What is this "ARC CUT" thing and how do you use it with Ortho4xp, I'm using Ortho4xp but Bing does not have good images for the entire New Zealand, some are great some are not. Have you had to do a lot of editing? Colour enhancements, add buildings etc?

I refer to generating a tile, as a cutting of it, or...a re-cut from another source.

ARC is one of the choices you have in the drop-down Source Menu, to generate your tiles from.  I have not had to do any color editing of any kind.  OSM adds buildings, and if you run with the overlay, then it happens for all topography.

37 minutes ago, Richdem said:

Hi Mitch,

Is there a specific tutorial you followed for creating Ortho4XP Tiles? I know there are several about but your screenshots look amazing. I have had little too no sim time for the past month due to our wedding and a house full of people lol 

Hoping to get some time in soon when the wifey goes back to her regular shifts lol

No, Rich...seat-of-pants, manual on my virtual lap...and lots of trial-and-error.  The manual really is your best friend, here.  It comes with the download.

I had problems at first, but a week into it...smooth as glass, from thereon-out.

I have adopted a 'burnt-in'  tile recipe of zl17 (zoom factor),/19 (zoom factor for around airports and airfield properties)/and the number X, or in my case 2, meaning a zl19 zoom factor 2 km's out from all the airports and airfields. All my shots have this recipe behind the tile cooking... :)  You can set up that recipe, via the Ortho4XP.cfg file, also within the root folder directory.

Cheers,

On 7/15/2017 at 9:00 AM, Sesquashtoo said:

With or without clouds, same great FPS, at least on my system :)

Given that your cpu is even older than my aging i7-2700k, that's amazing.  What's your settings and monitor resolution?  It looks like my GTX980 can't keep up, because my frame is about half yours.  Very puzzling!

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

3 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Given that your cpu is even older than my aging i7-2700k, that's amazing.  What's your settings and monitor resolution?  It looks like my GTX980 can't keep up, because my frame is about half yours.  Very puzzling!

The i7-975 Extreme CPU, was a very aggressive build, and powerful, even in its day. Seems it still is.  I run the sim max'ed out, except for Reflections at first medium, and AA at 4x.

The EVGA FTW 1070 is a good match for it. Very happy with the card/CPU combo.

I run my monitor at: 3440x1440 native in Ultra Wide.

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The i7-975 Extreme CPU, was a very aggressive build, and powerful, even in its day. Seems it still is.  I run the sim max'ed out, except for Reflections at first medium, and AA at 4x.

The EVGA FTW 1070 is a good match for it. Very happy with the card/CPU combo.

I run my monitor at: 3440x1440 native in Ultra Wide.

Do you use AI plane with XP11?  Raw power wide, my i7-2700K should be at least at par with your i7-975.  I will have to look into the graphic card of mine though.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

21 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

Do you use AI plane with XP11?  Raw power wide, my i7-2700K should be at least at par with your i7-975.  I will have to look into the graphic card of mine though.

Nope, no AI of any kind, in XP11. :)

23 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Nope, no AI of any kind, in XP11. :)

Ok so by removing all the AI aircraft my fps is now up to the 30-40. My video card has only 4 GB of VRAM so I have to keep the texture resolution at High to maintain a good performance.  Just did a flight around Newfoundland's Gros Morn with Ortho4XP and it's amazing (just for kicks I did the same flight in P3D and was kinda surprise to see farm land everywhere, even with Ultimate Terrain Canada with supposedly accurate land class.)

Vu Pham

I learned a long time ago that the best way to enjoy X-Plane is to turn the framerate display off and just fly.

:tongue:

26 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

I learned a long time ago that the best way to enjoy X-Plane is to turn the framerate display off and just fly.

I just want you to know that you are no longer welcome in the CTC. 

Bob 

member of the Continuous Tweak Club

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Right-o even without the framerate display you would still notice something is off, anything below 20 FPS in XPlane is not flyable.  The nice thing about XP is that the tweaks are not required often.  I don't touch settings once performance is good enough, especially on the stutters.  In the other sim (which shall remain nameless) it does not matter how high the FPS is, the frequency of stutters forces people to tweak.  I would say that in flight sim, the fps is not really what we are all after, rather a good consistent performance such that one can enjoy the feeling of flights without being rudely interrupted by stutters to remind one that one is in the "matrix" :laugh:

Vu Pham

On 7/18/2017 at 7:42 AM, Anxu00 said:

Ok so by removing all the AI aircraft my fps is now up to the 30-40. My video card has only 4 GB of VRAM so I have to keep the texture resolution at High to maintain a good performance.  Just did a flight around Newfoundland's Gros Morn with Ortho4XP and it's amazing (just for kicks I did the same flight in P3D and was kinda surprise to see farm land everywhere, even with Ultimate Terrain Canada with supposedly accurate land class.)

I'd say then, that you are good to go! :)

30-40 ain't bad... :)