Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Better Pushback

9 hours ago, t4murphy said:

Just used the BetterPushback plugin on XPlane11. Works like a charm. Don't ever leave your wheelchocks on with pushback. The reaction is lifelike as the planes nose rises then falls as the pushback truck rides under the plane.

Where do you find it?

Could this genius which made this pushback make a complete groundhandling package please ;). It would be in good hands.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sebjo89 said:

Could this genius which made this pushback make a complete groundhandling package please ;). It would be in good hands.

He's also the author of the RAAS v2 plugin, which will be implemented into the new FlightFactor A320.

21 minutes ago, exodus1977 said:

Is this only for use with the A320 or could it work with other aircraft (ie, the IXEG 737)?

I can vouch for the IXEG 737, works like a charm. I haven't used it with any other yet.

31 minutes ago, exodus1977 said:

Is this only for use with the A320 or could it work with other aircraft (ie, the IXEG 737)?

The plugin is designed to work to any aircraft, tested myself:

IXEG works perfect

XP11 737-800NG ZIBO mod works perfect

• Upvote 1

Manuel Merelles

On 7/15/2017 at 10:36 AM, airlinejets said:

https://github.com/skiselkov/BetterPushbackC/releases

Download BetterPuchback.zip v0.9 it works like a charm.

A big thank you to skiselkov!

Works great!! Tried it last night and there has never been anything like it.  Unless this can be made for P3Dv4, I'm going to have trouble using it after being spoiled.

I just discovered BetterPushback and it is absolutely THE BEST pushback utility I have ever seen among the six or so I have tried. The detailing is superb, the voice communications are sharp and clear and the graphic interface works. That's the good news. The bad news is it causes XP11 to crash. Strangely, it does this after the push process is completed and the tractor is gone. I have tried this with the x737-700, x737-800 and the JAR A320NEO and in each instance the pusher works flawlessly until the operator announces disconnect and wishes me a good flight (very nice). I then look around the cockpit, do a final instrument check, release the park brakes and start to taxi and the application crashes. Sometimes I don't even get that far. In some cases the log file says the crash "was caused by the plugin XPLM" (this is what XP uses to track plugin use) and in other instances it gives no cause at all. In no instance does it say the cause is BetterPushback. But all attempts to use this device produce the same result while removing this plugin solves the problem. The one test I have not done is to try removing all discretionary plugins but BP to see if it may be a conflict with something previously installed. All this is on a high-end Imac with tons of VRAM, etc. If the developer see this and has any suggestions I am all ears as I like this plugin very much and want to use it.

2 hours ago, SFHaines said:

I just discovered BetterPushback and it is absolutely THE BEST pushback utility I have ever seen among the six or so I have tried. The detailing is superb, the voice communications are sharp and clear and the graphic interface works. That's the good news. The bad news is it causes XP11 to crash. Strangely, it does this after the push process is completed and the tractor is gone. I have tried this with the x737-700, x737-800 and the JAR A320NEO and in each instance the pusher works flawlessly until the operator announces disconnect and wishes me a good flight (very nice). I then look around the cockpit, do a final instrument check, release the park brakes and start to taxi and the application crashes. Sometimes I don't even get that far. In some cases the log file says the crash "was caused by the plugin XPLM" (this is what XP uses to track plugin use) and in other instances it gives no cause at all. In no instance does it say the cause is BetterPushback. But all attempts to use this device produce the same result while removing this plugin solves the problem. The one test I have not done is to try removing all discretionary plugins but BP to see if it may be a conflict with something previously installed. All this is on a high-end Imac with tons of VRAM, etc. If the developer see this and has any suggestions I am all ears as I like this plugin very much and want to use it.

v0.15 was released about 30 minutes ago...worth a try

I want to follow up my earlier note by saying I was able to exchange notes with skiselkov who cured the problem and published a new version (a.15) in less than three hours. I am very impressed with that quick response and with the product he has developed. If you're on a Mac be sure to download this new/updated version. It works perfectly with no app crashes or other issues. Best pushback utility for XP11 by far!