Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Better Pushback

1 hour ago, STUART_H said:

The normal process is:

• Pre-plan pushback position
  • Request Pushback - tug drives up and connects
  • Release parking brake when requested and then pushback commences.

Is it possible to request the pushback BEFORE pre planning the direction as this would really help to save time when on VATSIM or IVAO?

e.g.

• Request Pushback - tug drives up and connects.
  • Request ATC for pushback approval, and receive direction that you need to pushback too.
  • Plan the pushback
  • Then release parking brake.

Is this sequence possible with Better Pushback?

It must be possible as it's what I do with the Zibo mod. I pre-plan the pushback and then click on 'Re-connect', the tug comes and connects, then nothing happens until I hit 'Request Pushback'. This is all done through the Avitab in Zibo, which seems to offer more options for better pushback then in the pushback menu.

But can you do the pre-plan again, once the tug is there and connected?

My point is Andy, that one doesn't always know in which direction ATC will ask you to pushback, so it is not always possible to correctly pre-plan the pushback. So I wanted to call up the tug and then only plan the direction of pushback when advised by ATC. But to avoid delay in a busy airport it would be good to have the tug there and ready to push.

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373