Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Ultimate Traffic Live - couple questions!

Hello,
I have been flying a lot recently due to the release of PMDG birds.Have been enjoying most of them except I have a horrible AI package. Looking around and I see many people using Ultimate Traffic Live, so I have couple questions.

Are the schedules and liveries up to date? How are the models? Can we update the liveries and schedule ourselves with AIPF/ AIG flightplans? The last and most important question, how is the support over at Flight1?

Thank you,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

They have updated the schedules just recently. You can update the models. They are yet to introduce Powerpack which enables flightplans to be imported, but are planning to do so in future releases.

Regards Matt Williams

Matt Williams

Interested in this myself.  Been using my traffic but I think the UT models look better.  How easy is it to update the models and liveries?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

3 hours ago, Hoang said:

Hello,
I have been flying a lot recently due to the release of PMDG birds.Have been enjoying most of them except I have a horrible AI package. Looking around and I see many people using Ultimate Traffic Live, so I have couple questions.

Are the schedules and liveries up to date? How are the models? Can we update the liveries and schedule ourselves with AIPF/ AIG flightplans? The last and most important question, how is the support over at Flight1?

Thank you,
Hoang Le

As been noted in about 10 recent topics...

Firstly you are buying a pay to test beta product.  These products have been infecting the FS scene for nearly 10 years.  So I'll say it again slowly for you. Because alot of people get confused with the fancy marketing tag lines of "Early adopter" "backer" "prologue" "Early launch" and what ever junk flight 1 buzz word have branded UT live

YOU ARE PAYING A DEVELOPER FOR A PRODUCT THAT IS NOT FINISHED BECAUSE THEY CARE MORE FOR MONEY THAN THEY DO ABOUT A FINISHED POLISHED HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT 

It's like going to the barber shop only to have to cut half your own hair while the barber slap dashes your short back and sides with a pair of clippers and not nicely not scissors and water.  Only then to be asked to pay more than a similar barber over the road because they have a snazzy sign.

Secondly it's not live,  it's exactly the same as ut2 but they imported a thing where they cancel flights. If the weathers bad.  So incidently You'll get less traffic than ut2. 

Thirdly the schedules are gash.   All they did was import some OAG data from early in the year from whats called shoulder season. I'll explain.

The summer season officially runs from May 1St to October 31st that's 6 months.   Now most airlines peak time of travel is July and August with the busiest week of the year being the 3Rd week In August.  This is normally called "peak week"

The period from mid april to around to mid may is called shoulder season because the full programme isn't really in force but some flights are still running.  If you look at flights to the small Greek Islands for example.   They won't operate until June onwards for the simple reason is the airlines can't fill them.

What flight one did was buy shoulder season data.   An example of this is the virgin bfs mco will be missing and also the positioning sector from Manchester to Belfast that covers this rotation.

Same for the MAN to PVK easyJet flight it only operates for a few months.   It won't be in the schedules.

Thirdly the way they import the flights the rotations aren't done properly.  Let's say you have a flight from say MAN to PVK and it operates on Sunday and Weds.  What ut2 live does is runs it on Sunday man-pvk-man then it sits on the ground till weds then operates again then sits on the ground again till Sunday.  This obviously never happens in the real world the aircraft get used for something else.  But not in ut2 or ut2 live.  That's why there's a ton of aircraft taking up the stands doing nothing.  

This Is why the ai traffic stuff from ai alpha etce is alot better its optimised as in the real world.

Finally the data has been imported users icao codes these are based on AOC, ( airlines operator certificates) Ie VS,  U2,  EK.   To m as key make things more complicated alot of airlines have changed their aoc's recently and some have duplicate codes this is why for example Norwegian was down as Air Djibouti in the latest update in ut2 2016 update as they changed their aoc and ut2 nerfed it up when they imported.  In the ut2 summer 2016 update there was about 30 of these types of errors 

They actually had the same issue with UT2 Live when they released so they had to recall the product because their data was corrupted and inaccurate.

This was why I spent the hours and hours updating my ut2 scheds and data that can be used flawlessly in p3d v4.

Cheers 

• Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, mjlw said:

They have updated the schedules just recently. You can update the models. They are yet to introduce Powerpack which enables flightplans to be imported, but are planning to do so in future releases.

Regards Matt Williams

Thank you for you information!

37 minutes ago, tooting said:

As been noted in about 10 recent topics...

Firstly you are buying a pay to test beta product.  These products have been infecting the FS scene for nearly 10 years.  So I'll say it again slowly for you. Because alot of people get confused with the fancy marketing tag lines of "Early adopter" "backer" "prologue" "Early launch" and what ever junk flight 1 buzz word have branded UT live

YOU ARE PAYING A DEVELOPER FOR A PRODUCT THAT IS NOT FINISHED BECAUSE THEY CARE MORE FOR MONEY THAN THEY DO ABOUT A FINISHED POLISHED HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT 

It's like going to the barber shop only to have to cut half your own hair while the barber slap dashes your short back and sides with a pair of clippers and not nicely not scissors and water.  Only then to be asked to pay more than a similar barber over the road because they have a snazzy sign.

Secondly it's not live,  it's exactly the same as ut2 but they imported a thing where they cancel flights. If the weathers bad.  So incidently You'll get less traffic than ut2. 

Thirdly the schedules are gash.   All they did was import some OAG data from early in the year from whats called shoulder season. I'll explain.

The summer season officially runs from May 1St to October 31st that's 6 months.   Now most airlines peak time of travel is July and August with the busiest week of the year being the 3Rd week In August.  This is normally called "peak week"

The period from mid april to around to mid may is called shoulder season because the full programme isn't really in force but some flights are still running.  If you look at flights to the small Greek Islands for example.   They won't operate until June onwards for the simple reason is the airlines can't fill them.

What flight one did was buy shoulder season data.   An example of this is the virgin bfs mco will be missing and also the positioning sector from Manchester to Belfast that covers this rotation.

Same for the MAN to PVK easyJet flight it only operates for a few months.   It won't be in the schedules.

Thirdly the way they import the flights the rotations aren't done properly.  Let's say you have a flight from say MAN to PVK and it operates on Sunday and Weds.  What ut2 live does is runs it on Sunday man-pvk-man then it sits on the ground till weds then operates again then sits on the ground again till Sunday.  This obviously never happens in the real world the aircraft get used for something else.  But not in ut2 or ut2 live.  That's why there's a ton of aircraft taking up the stands doing nothing.  

This Is why the ai traffic stuff from ai alpha etce is alot better its optimised as in the real world.

Finally the data has been imported users icao codes these are based on AOC, ( airlines operator certificates) Ie VS,  U2,  EK.   To m as key make things more complicated alot of airlines have changed their aoc's recently and some have duplicate codes this is why for example Norwegian was down as Air Djibouti in the latest update in ut2 2016 update as they changed their aoc and ut2 nerfed it up when they imported.  In the ut2 summer 2016 update there was about 30 of these types of errors 

They actually had the same issue with UT2 Live when they released so they had to recall the product because their data was corrupted and inaccurate.

This was why I spent the hours and hours updating my ut2 scheds and data that can be used flawlessly in p3d v4.

Cheers 

Hi,

I really appreciate your comment, it covers lots of information that I need. I have my own AI package from P3D V3 which I updated with all latest schedules from AIG. Worked flawlessly in V3 and I was very happy with it. Now moving to V4 some aircraft models are not compatible and the converting model takes too much time, which is why I'm trying to "cut short" and buy a payware product. However, it seems not a good choice.

Thank you again!

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

4 hours ago, tooting said:

So I'll say it again slowly for you.

You patronising word not allowed.

• Upvote 1

From a marketing perspective, I do have to wonder who made the decision to use the word "live" in the product title.  But, I currently use MT6 and it appears that Burkhard has some health issues and further developments of MyTraffic are questionable.  I have it running in v4 and it appears fine.  But, it won't be long before it will need some updates and it may not get them.  I'm not that fussy about routes - I just want to see some accurate airline models, GA and military planes at all airports.  Does UT Live provide all three of these?

One of the reasons that I came back to P3D from XP11 is that there is no good traffic solution and the one that is available takes a lot of tweaking.  For those who have used MT6, would you say that UT Live is an improvement over MyTraffic and is it pretty well "plug and play?"

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

There is no military stuff In ut live.  There Is also also nothing "Live" about it either,  Its a gimmick that people are falling for

14ppkc-6.png

I think that by "live" they mean that the program is not static and that the routes are not hard-coded into it.  So, as F1 has put it - it is more of a "living environment."  Still, it's not necessarily a good choice of names.

Not having military AI would be loss and I also understand that FedEx (worked there for 28 years) and other cargo airlines are not included?  If not, it would seem that MT6, even if a bit outdated, is still more of a complete traffic solution at this time.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

I think that by "live" they mean that the program is not static and that the routes are not hard-coded into it.  So, as F1 has put it - it is more of a "living environment."  Still, it's not necessarily a good choice of names.

Not having military AI would be loss and I also understand that FedEx (worked there for 28 years) and other cargo airlines are not included?  If not, it would seem that MT6, even if a bit outdated, is still more of a complete traffic solution at this time.

incorrect the routes are hard coded, they just canx flights if theres bad weather

14ppkc-6.png

There are a lot of issues with the current release which I'm also having. Sporadic traffic in the air, traffic not landing but departing, traffic disappearing from the air once any changes are done anywhere in the P3D menu... I'd hold off for now if I was you to avoid a major annoyance.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Almost half a year.
I bump this topic up asking how is the product now? I have been away from P3D for several months.
Thank you,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

I like it.  I also own MyTraffic which is also good but is much harder on fps.  UTL is not perfect and I do hope they continue to improve the product.  Traffic options in P3D are limited at present but another product may be on its way.