Sign in to follow this  
Saucey12

throttle level on takeoff!

12 hours ago, Orlaam said:

ActiveSky 2016 is more than worth it!  AS has been the gold standard since way back in 2002.  They constantly update their engine and make improvements.  It's a whole new world being able to adjust things the way you like.  Smooth transitions, wind transitions, wind throttling, turbulence settings, and much more.  Once you get it where you want it, it's just a run and play program.  I recommend limiting certain factors just to keep things happy.  Turbulence usually has to be brought back some.  A couple settings I keep off to avoid excessive movements.  I limit cloud layers to keep performance up, have icing at 30%, cloud draw distance at 90 nm (set to 80 in sim), cloud motion effect on (love this!), wind turb 40%, turb effect 50%, wind sheer 20%, enhanced turb off, max turb strength 50%, up and down drafts both at 500 fpm, light chop at 35%.  Everything else you can kinda toy with or leave default.  Some complex payware don't like a lot of Wx transitions, so you use AS to tame this.

I do not use the default textures or AS ASCA though.  I use REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds.  Better performance textures and ability to pick and choose things.  ASCA is probably fine, but personal preference.  I already had REX, so I opted to not get ASCA, but some like it, others don't.

What kind of plane are you wanting?

Well I like the old "steamers".  Always have.  I want the dc9 or md80.  I will try one of the Coolsky that your recommended. But to limit my payware at one time I am probably going to go ahead and get ActiveSkies first.  

• Upvote 1

To the OP try an experiment - leave the power at 85% (assuming it doesn't creep up) and just pitch up to prevent the overspeed & see what vertical speed you get.

I find the POSKY 777 ludicrously overpowered if I leave the throttles wide open - the engines spool way past 100% :biggrin:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)