Sign in to follow this  
sillypilot

737 w/FSAerodata and Navigraph 1707

Hi all - I've searched and read a few threads about the following issue, but I still have no luck on resolving it. 

Issue: The FMC setup for a particular runway, while working in the airplane, does not visually line up with what is drawn on the screen. I was flying the  ILS 13 approach at KLGA. The course heading is 134, and the airplane follows it perfectly well, but the runway is not visually in the correct spot. This issue began for me with P3d v4. I'm not sure what is causing this, and any help would be appreciated. 

Setup: Prepar3d v.4, Navigraph update 1707, fsAeroData run with 1707, PMDG 737NG for P3D v.4, ORBX Global. What I can't figure out if this is an issue in the 737 or P3D v.4. Since magnetic variation changes with time, the physical runway hasn't moved since 2005, but the sim is flying with what seems to be the magnetic variation of some other period. 

Thanks so much for the help

Jorge Munoz

The magvar was updated in 2015.  Not sure about FSaerodata as I don't use it yet, but with Sors Navdata updates you have the option to update the core Sim magvar data during each update cycle.  Check settings in the FSaerodata app for magvar update option.

Rhys Legge