Sign in to follow this  
jchpa32

jchpa32

I cannot select altitude in 100's, only thousands with the altitude select on the A/P, no matter what I try, left or right or center clicks. And the clock doesn't work. All else seems OK.

The performance charts only show long range power and fuel flows (eg, for 300HP). My flight tonight I had 405HP and fuel flows of 244PPH, at FL230,  much higher TAS than charts show.

JCH

5 hours ago, jchpa32 said:

1. I cannot select altitude in 100's, only thousands with the altitude select on the A/P, no matter what I try, left or right or center clicks.

2. And the clock doesn't work. 

3. The performance charts only show long range power and fuel flows (eg, for 300HP). My flight tonight I had 405HP and fuel flows of 244PPH, at FL230,  much higher TAS than charts show.

1. Very strange, on my install I can only select in 100ft steps, which is perfectly ok when using the mouse wheel

2. Confirmed

3. If there are no performance tables included, where have you got your data from?  A FF of 244pph seems to be high for 405hp  as e.g. my tables at FL260 are showing 408hp and 228pph

I'm using an official 690B manual which has the following data for FL220 and high power cruise:

POH  FL220 ISA 10000lbs    471SHP/ENG   262LB/HR/ENG   279ktas

FSX   FL220 ISA 10000lbs    470SHP/ENG  268LB/HR/ENG   277ktas

btw 'much higher TAS than the charts show' is a rather useless number. 10kts? 20kts? 50kts?

J35OE-

I meant that they only included charts for MAX range cruise, showing power settings for 300HP and TAS and FF for those settings. I couldn't tell if I was getting 'book' performance using the higher power settings because they didn't include those charts. I was getting around 40KTS higher speeds than those shown on their included charts.

Would you be willing to share the performance charts and maybe some other things from your manual?

JCH

14 hours ago, jchpa32 said:

1. I was getting around 40KTS higher speeds than those shown on their included charts.

2. Would you be willing to share the performance charts and maybe some other things from your manual?

1. Well, hopefully the plane is much faster at high power than max range cruise ;)

2. That's unfortunately not possible as it's copyrighted material.