Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Black Marble worldwide nightlighting system is coming

3 minutes ago, kand said:

Not being funny, but what is the point if you have to make all these sacrifices? Yes you may not see half of that at night

It looks good but if I have to do this i wont be buying it 

If you have to do all that for Black Marble then forget it.

Eric 

8 minutes ago, kand said:

Not being funny, but what is the point if you have to make all these sacrifices? Yes you may not see half of that at night

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I think that settings was for Night Environment NOT the Black Marble we are discussing here. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TrentXWB said:

I think that settings was for Night Environment NOT the Black Marble we are discussing here. 

that is correct Trent!

with NE and old FSX (RIP) we also had to deal with limited VAS and much lower hardware at the time,
there was no way you could run a packed daytime scenery then add NE on top, there is an education curve simmer must go through in order to understand we filled up the night scenery as much as other filled up daytime scenery with third party addons, if your cup is full you cant just keep purring on top expecting your cup to contain it all unless you make room for it

• Upvote 1

Thanks @Chris Bell for the answer. Will buy it as soon as I am home from Santorini. Will fly in a 737 classic tonight for the first time. Let's see how that goes ;-)

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, B777ER said:

not in p3d v4 you wouldnt as theres the OOM issues.

Ill admit it im tempted. The night environment for the UK was brillant.  Expensive... but brilliant.

I just dont like the pay for support.  Thats below the belt in my opinion   

14ppkc-6.png

41 minutes ago, tooting said:

I just dont like the pay for support.  Thats below the belt in my opinion   

we don't think it is below the belt...
we could easily embed this in retail price and you wont have the option to choose!

we do this for all our titles as a way of allowing cost to be minimal for those who choose,
when you add our no TAX policy and the fact that we charge in US $ you will notice our prices are actually very competitive and fairly discounted compared to other vendors schema,

for example if we were European based company we must embed this in price to comply with EU regulation!
which makes it against the law to sale a software products without minimum 2 year support;
so thats always embedded in the price in those shops without the option to choose!

our support is not only its not embedded...
you also get up to 50% discount if you do opt to purchase our Support services at the time you place your order!

now to the merits of our Tech Support, Live Update and Patching services,
don't confuse setup support with on going development support and patching!

we maintain a live update server you can connect from within our client;
we can and will deliver updates as needed through our server for immediate updates,
as part of our support agreement we also maintain your files for you available with the latest build from 2 mirror sites as well as our ticketing system,
our premium support also covers remote desktop and or Skype voice or video as needed; technical advice and much more with priority care!

this may not be for everyone and this is why its an option you can select,
yet for some people this is a valuable service especially when you're starting and need advice and support from a reliable source you can trust!

Out of curiosity, show of hands...
How many of you siting in this particular moment with handful of software you don’t have updates or proper installer for v4 or even previous builds?
you prefer this “favor” attitude and uncertainty with scheduling months ahead (still with a maybe at the end!) when you need your updates?

or prefer the fact that you can simply expect these to be on time because you’re paying for that?

1 hour ago, kand said:

You don't see any of this at night. What sacrifice you need to make then ?

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

21 minutes ago, newtie said:

Agreed.

you can also go to Black Marble main site for more info here - http://blackmarble.chrisbelldesigns.com/

Black_Marble.Site.jpg

half way through you will see our gallery,
this is a swipe gallery carousel (you can also grab with a mouse click and swipe)
loaded with 50+ images; swipe to the image preview you want to see and click on it for full size view,
you can also swipe back and forth within the album once you're in it in full view!

Black_Marble.Site2.jpg

I don't think you have to defend the pricing. People should buy it or leave it. 

Good addons costs money. I hate this "I want it for free because it's just software" attitude. 

And support is by far the most pain in the a.. in IT. Dealing with DAUs (dümmster anzunehmender User in German) cannot be paid high enough :-)

• Upvote 1

Another question: how long is the discount there? I will be back home very late today. The last flight was 3 hours late -.-

so will not make it today... I fear. 

One question, once Vector from Orbx is released for p3dv4, can that and Black Marble be active at the same time? If yes, what, if anything needs to be turned off in Vector so there are no issues between the two products?

Eric 

how do you expected me to answer a question about a product thats not yet released?

2 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

they don't interact!
we update Sim native data files, not third party!
you can disable 3rd party roads and use Sim native with Black Marble,
more info about our Vector data and file structure can be found here
https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/topic/207-black-marble/?do=findComment&comment=1864