Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

So, is P3D3 dead?

14 minutes ago, GolfMikeBravo said:

Will take off life support when I build a new system for V4 later this year. 

Does it have an 'Do-Not-Resuscitate' clause? :laugh:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Barely breathing, yes.

But there is the one aircraft that I love so much and for which there is no replacement in P3Dv4 at the moment. The first tubeliner I ever purchased and I always faithfully moved from FS9 up to P3Dv3.4 - the QW 757. Don't laugh; I always loved the model, the sounds and the relatively easy to handle but working controls - and no OOMs with this one, it's a too simple AC.
I keep P3Dv3 just for her while I am removing any other flyable addon that is becoming available for v4 (to keep SSD space even, having installed v3 and v4 on the same SSD).

Unless there would be some developper releasing a nice 757 for P3Dv4.+ I will keep v3 to occasionally get my QW 757 airborne.

Cheers
Frank

I think V3 is alive and well. Will move to v4 eventually but not enough there right  now for me to make the journey. There was an interesting comment from JV on Orbx that a third of their sales are for FSX so not even that is dead yet.

I think until we see a definitely better version people will be still be using these older versions since the incentive to move is not great enough for some.

• Upvote 1

Still on V3, but will stitch to V4 once Vector and final AI additions arrive

I use both version 3 and 4. Will continue to do so since many things will probably not be ported over to v4.

Jeff

😀

Yeah for me as long as there is no 757/767 replacement in P3Dv4 then I will most likely still be using v3.4 on and off. Especially since I did a 767-400 Level D merge that I am just in love with lately. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Plus you guys seem to not understand that P3D3 is its own thing. 

Triple the Preparation, Triple the 3Dness:laugh::laugh:

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Now that PMDG has the 737 NGX out for Prepar3D V4, I'm pretty much converted over, but until I see a final version of REX4 w/ soft clouds, AS16, EZDOK, ORBX Vectors and ORBX Airports, Prepar3D V4 won't feel complete.

It would be a real blessing if the original authors of the Turbine Duke would return and make it V4 compatible.  I'd even buy it again.

Mark

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Now that PMDG has the 737 NGX out for Prepar3D V4, I'm pretty much converted over, but until I see a final version of REX4 w/ soft clouds, AS16, EZDOK, ORBX Vectors and ORBX Airports, Prepar3D V4 won't feel complete.

It would be a real blessing if the original authors of the Turbine Duke would return and make it V4 compatible.  I'd even buy it again.

Add SimStarter to that list.

Also, everything I've heard is that the Turbine Duke V2 is compatible with V4. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

P3D3 is dead to me.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Remember This Forum represents a minority of the actual flight sim cohort, Everything P3D V4 users can do FSX and P3D V3 users can apart from dynamic lighting , if you think dynamic lighting makes your sim better good for you. Don't tell me about OOM'S most people never get OOM's.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, ukplane1 said:

Remember This Forum represents a minority of the actual flight sim cohort, Everything P3D V4 users can do FSX and P3D V3 users can apart from dynamic lighting , if you think dynamic lighting makes your sim better good for you. Don't tell me about OOM'S most people never get OOM's.

"Most people never get OOM" only because they move sliders in V3 to the left side

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Mark

EZDOK and AS2016 are fine for V4.

Last time I looked (yesterday I believe) EZDOC and AS16 were in open beta.  It may work, but I'm willing to wait for the final debugged versions.   Also AS16 isn't going to do a whole lot for me until REX4 w/ Soft Clouds gets their product out for V4.

Mark