Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

690B Discrepancy List

A thread to collect errors found by users that Carenado might consider in an update.

1.  The #2 engine(prop) RPM minor units gauge needle is dim in the daylight and invisible under the lights at night (P3Dv4 and v3).

- Cabin VSI appears to be inop.

- Interior lighting seems to be somehow interconnected.  Adjusting either the Panel lights, Cabin lights, or the pilot flood light changes the switches on the other two.

Any issues also please send too Carenado support, there seems to be about a 3 or 4 week window where Carenado is receptive to fixing these things if they are told about them, after that it seems they move on to the next aircraft?

Not really a bug but I have installed all Carenado AC in the recommended P3D v4 Addons in documents folder. They all work perfectly but this one, the click spots on the overhead panel don't have any sounds. All other sounds work fine. Any ideas?

Mario Di Lauro

- Co-pilot airspeed indicator appears to be ripped directly out of the 441 and therefore its markings are incorrect.

- R windshield heat switch is labelled "L WSHLD" i.e. the L/R switches have the same label by mistake.

- PILOT INSTR LIGHTS only lights the ADI, HSI, RMI, and VSI, and the same switch on the co-pilot side only lights the HSI.

- If you right click the altitude selector knob, you will get stuck in a mode where you can only select 1000s and there's no way to un-do that.

Here's another one... The Alabeo C441 had an animation for the props that caused them to turn as soon as the starter was engaged (vs. default FS behavior), and to take a while spinning down at shutdown.  The 690 has the shutdown animation, but not the starter animation.

Int lighting really messed up. Cab lighting and some panel gauges tied in together. Over head light turns all off/on including some but not all gauges such as airspeed ind and other unneeded haha gauges we don/t really need to see. Basically the entire INT LIGHTING is hosed.

I guess this is my biggest gripe so far.  Something is odd with ESHP output.  With torque and RPM constant, ESHP decreases precipitously with increasing altitude.  This is not supposed to happen with flat-rated engines below their critical altitude.  Adjustments to the .air and/or the .cfg files don't effect the drop-off therefore, it must be within the model itself.  As a consequence, the engine can't be adjusted (in this case to emulate a -10...I did that with the Flysim MU-2 and the Alabeo C441 very successfully) and the airplane is particularly slow.  Adjusting the torque such that critical altitude is 18000-19000 feet only adds a knot or two to the maximum airspeed.

By changing the torque vs density curves, one is able to emulate different modifications such as the Blackhawk upgrades to the King Airs and the -10 mods to the TPE-331 aircraft.  For whatever reason, it doesn't work with the Commander.  Bummer....... 

5 hours ago, whamil77 said:

1. Something is odd with ESHP output.  With torque and RPM constant, ESHP decreases precipitously with increasing altitude. 

2. This is not supposed to happen with flat-rated engines below their critical altitude. 

3. Adjustments to the .air and/or the .cfg files don't effect the drop-off therefore, it must be within the model itself.  

4. and the airplane is particularly slow.

1. Didn't notice a steep decrease and I don't think that ESHP is the correct value to look at. Comparing the hp gauge which AFSD reveils that the gauge shows shaft power and that remains constant up for the first few thousand feet

2. I get constant shaft power up to approx 5000ft

3. I don't think so as the Do228, the C441 and the 690B engines look basically identical air and cfg file wise.

4. The maximum deviation I get, compared to the RW performance tables is -2kts

18 minutes ago, J35OE said:

1. Didn't notice a steep decrease and I don't think that ESHP is the correct value to look at. Comparing the hp gauge which AFSD reveils that the gauge shows shaft power and that remains constant up for the first few thousand feet

3. I don't think so as the Do228, the C441 and the 690B engines look basically identical air and cfg file wise.

About number 4, the performance chart that you are using is for the 690B with the TPE331-5 or with the Dash Ten engine? 

The exhaust in the carenado model engines are from the dash ten engine, the -5 engine have the exhaust long and round at the end. 

-5 and the Carenado performance data also seem to be for the -5 engines.

3 hours ago, J35OE said:

Never mind.  Found the problem. 

49 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

Never mind.  Found the problem. 

Sorry, what problem did you found?

Anything with ESHP output.?

7 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

A coupe of performance numbers for the Dash 10, also I notice that with the Honeywell TPE 331-10T, the ITT gauges are replaced with an EGT system.

Speed: 300+ KTAS
Climb: 717.5 shaft horsepower to 16,000 feet. 3,500+ fpm through 20,000 feet.

http://twincommander.com/custom-kits-modifications/dash-10/

AIRCRAFT PERFORMANCE FLIGHT TEST DATA

Flight Test Data                                         (690A)TPE331-5                                       TPE331-10T

Thermodynamic Shaft Horsepower           840 minimum                                         1,000 minimum

Flat Rate Torque To                                       6,000 ft                                                 16,000 ft

Cruise Speed                                               276 KTAS                                             300+ KTAS

(ISA, 9,000 lb, 96%, 20,000 ft)