Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMeshX USA Open Beta Announcement

2 hours ago, AviatorMoser said:

Hi Cai,

Looks you were bitten by the snake. Try redownloading fmx_usa-11.bin and read above about my suggestion to check the download speed for this particular file. One of the MediaFire servers mirroring this file is corrupted and you can tell whether or not your download for this particular file will corrupt by checking the download speed. If the speed is very slow, then you are likely on a bad server. Cancel the download and try redownloading until you have a good speed.

Awesome!

Hi Daniel,

This file was downloaded at about 1Mb/s, and was redownloaded since you sent out the new link email yesterday. So I will try downloading again and let you know.

Zicheng Cai

Just now, Cai Zicheng said:

Hi Daniel,

This file was downloaded at about 1Mb/s, and was redownloaded since you sent out the new link email yesterday. So I will try downloading again and let you know.

You can also verify its integrity with an MD5SUM.

Well, internet download manager has issue with the specific file. Using Edge to download the file has solved the problem.

Zicheng Cai

I downloaded the new file 11 and attempted an installation.  Got the same result.  When I checked the MD5 I got 5df1e13ab86c8532125bc7260217fd88.  This was using Firefox and DownThemAll to download the file.  I will try with plain IE.  Funny thing is no other files downloaded with Firefox, with or without the DownThemAll has shown any issues.

Update: re-downloaded via IE and file MD5 matches.  Not sure why this specific file is a problem on other browers and only this file.

15 minutes ago, theeditor6969 said:

I downloaded the new file 11 and attempted an installation.  Got the same result.  When I checked the MD5 I got 5df1e13ab86c8532125bc7260217fd88.  This was using Firefox and DownThemAll to download the file.  I will try with plain IE.  Funny thing is no other files downloaded with Firefox, with or without the DownThemAll has shown any issues.

Update: re-downloaded via IE and file MD5 matches.  Not sure why this specific file is a problem on other browers and only this file.

I think it's just coincidence, and not really a matter with the browser. I've e-mailed MediaFire about my suspicion of a corrupt mirror on their end, and hope to get the bottom of this.

Yea.  I just downloaded it again with another browser and got a different file with the same error.  I have yet to get a 100% clean download.  Going to see if I can make one clean download between them.

Update: After 6 different download and tons of MD5 checks between them I finally have a clean version that installs without errors. @AviatorMoser PM me here and we can discuss my hosting the files for you on my server.

• Upvote 1

After some testing, I highly recommend users not use a download manager or accelerator for the problematic fmx-usa-11.bin file.

Using a normal browser download or the official downloader, I was able to download it and verify it's integrity three straight times. Using a download manager resulted in a corrupt file on three straight attempts. I'm going to move the file to a new temporary server soon thanks to @theeditor6969.

Is there anything in particular that we should be testing or paying attention to?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Thank you Daniel for this beta version.

I've downloaded all files using your included downloader with no problems at all. In my case, it took about 4 hours at ~ 4MB/s.

It installed without any issues at all.

After adding it to P3DV4, I went to my home town airport, 29G (or KPOV in real life) and I see the rolling hills now. Much better than the default 'flatter' mesh. In this area, I hope you don't change to a lower LOD.

I also went to KTRI and the detail around that area is much better!

Anyway, I'll continue to test.

Very nice mesh and I'm very happy to be part of the beta.

As I find noticeable 'issues' (other than airports), I'll report back here.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

On 7/21/2017 at 3:33 PM, Drumcode said:

Is there anything in particular that we should be testing or paying attention to?

Just do some fun flying and report terrain anomalies -- things in the mesh that definitely shouldn't be there.

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Thank you Daniel for this beta version.

I've downloaded all files using your included downloader with no problems at all. In my case, it took about 4 hours at ~ 4MB/s.

It installed without any issues at all.

After adding it to P3DV4, I went to my home town airport, 29G (or KPOV in real life) and I see the rolling hills now. Much better than the default 'flatter' mesh. In this area, I hope you don't change to a lower LOD.

I also went to KTRI and the detail around that area is much better!

Anyway, I'll continue to test.

Very nice mesh and I'm very happy to be part of the beta.

As I find noticeable 'issues' (other than airports), I'll report back here.

Thanks!

Awesome, that's what I like to hear.

28 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

Just do some fun flying and report terrain anomalies -- things in the mesh that definitely shouldn't be there.

Did you put any easter eggs in? :biggrin:

I covered a lot of miles in the US this week and it has all looked great. Mostly using P3DV4, but also tested FSX and V3 a bit, all of them with FTX Global Vector, and AEC, installed as well. The closest I have been to an anomaly was a small lake in the Californian mountains that looked like it was placed 20 feet too low.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I've been flying around the Appalachians, mainly following rivers and streams. Looks really good!

I did find this lake 'spike', located at LAT: N37 53.57 LON: W79 34.18

LakeSpikeLAT-N3753_57LON-W7934_18.jpg

This is in P3DV4, using FTX Vector, FTX Global, FTX Land Class and 4096x4096 textures.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Here's another possible lake 'spike'...not sure as this looks like a gravel pit and it is possible the lake is really that high...

LAT: N38 13.03  LON: W79 6.03

AnotherLakeSpikeLAT-N3813-03LON-W796-03.

Here's what it should look like:

AnotherSpike-Satellite.jpg

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

I've been flying around the Appalachians, mainly following rivers and streams. Looks really good!

I did find this lake 'spike', located at LAT: N37 53.57 LON: W79 34.18

LakeSpikeLAT-N3753_57LON-W7934_18.jpg

This is in P3DV4, using FTX Vector, FTX Global, FTX Land Class and 4096x4096 textures.

Below, I believe this is the lake (look more in the middle of the picture)

FirstLakeSpike.jpg