Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMeshX USA Open Beta Announcement

Unfortunately, the elevation of waterbodies (lakes, rivers, etc) are controlled by their vector information, much like airports, and not by the mesh. So it's not really a mesh bug, but another limitation of the terrain system in the ESP engine.

So there will be discrepancies between the mesh and vectors if the vectors are not updated in their own way too. I know FTX Vectors corrects many lakes, but not all of them. One could go into the terrain.cfg and change the FlattenMode and make the lakes hug the terrain, but then they're not level. There's nothing really I can do about it except make a freeware equivalent of FTX Vectors or UTX that corrects all the elevations of every water body, but that would be too much work.

OK,

Good to know. Thanks for the explanation.

I'll continue on...

Excellent work by the way!

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Jeff

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

The grand canyon is affected by the mesh, correct? No anomalies there (that i know of), just curious.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just now, Nuno Pinto said:

The grand canyon is affected by the mesh, correct? No anomalies there (that i know of), just curious.

Great!

Is the program still open? I am interested and sent an email yesterday.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Is the program still open? I am interested and sent an email yesterday.

Cheers!

Luke

Yep, just got through the backlog. I was in Dallas yesterday for an interview, and just flown back this morning.

Awesome... got your email. Thanks!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Daniel,

excellent work. Had with the new mesh about 100 flights in the US, mainly western states, and didn't observe anything strange.

Thank you very much,

Peter

• Upvote 1

Daniel,

Is there any way you could upload part 11 to a different server? Google Drive maybe? My last two download attempts have yielded a corrupt file. It also seems like there are a lot of people attempting to re/download this file as I'm only averaging about 68kbps, (5-6hrs per attempt) whereas the other files were about 6-7mbps. Having two different sources will take a bit of the load off of the mediafire servers.

Looking forward to testing this mesh out. :cool:

Chris (@Rotornut44)
Owner / Lead Developer at Emerald Scenery Design.

23 hours ago, christopherbritton said:

Daniel,

Is there any way you could upload part 11 to a different server? Google Drive maybe? My last two download attempts have yielded a corrupt file. It also seems like there are a lot of people attempting to re/download this file as I'm only averaging about 68kbps, (5-6hrs per attempt) whereas the other files were about 6-7mbps. Having two different sources will take a bit of the load off of the mediafire servers.

Looking forward to testing this mesh out. :cool:

Ok, I thought I got this file ironed out with MediaFire. I've been able to download it with no problems and they said the integrity of the file is good on their end.

There is another mirror here. https://mega.nz/#!jFNk3LhJ!iHk5sWMAj767TNJU7XpkfO8AsEax2jAZJM_qU6T1rsQ on MEGA (not my preferential host), but perhaps this will help.

P.S. I'm working on a torrent for the USA mesh, but it's so large that it will take a while to put on the seedbox.

EDIT: Added a second mirror. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxBBpQg9ZFjYM0x1ekVaeWN1R3c

Downloaded and installed without corruption or errors.  Mileage probably varies by user though.

Here are some potential anomalies that I found while zipping around in the F-14 over Wyoming earlier today. They are within a few miles or less of each other. They don't seem to be your average tall terrain spikes, but they definitely do not match their surrounding terrain.

N44° 36.27'    W108° 5.13'
N44° 37.78'    W108° 5.23'
N44° 38.54'    W108° 6.61' - Multiple in close proximity. (pictured below)

QVrtVFg.jpg

• Upvote 1

Chris (@Rotornut44)
Owner / Lead Developer at Emerald Scenery Design.

Just completed another 8hrs download of part 11 and still getting .bgl errros for NW35 110 and NW35 115.

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

1 minute ago, troyboy66 said:

Just completed another 8hrs download of part 11 and still getting .bgl errros for NW35 110 and NW35 115.

Troy

Try our other mirrors for that particular file.