Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMeshX USA Open Beta Announcement

Thank you.:biggrin:

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Hello,

Do we load the Hot Fix in the patches Folder or in the USA Free Mesh folder?

Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

23 minutes ago, Emile said:

Hello,

Do we load the Hot Fix in the patches Folder or in the USA Free Mesh folder?

Thanks in advance

USA folder, sir!

I'm noticing some odd elevation issues around some aiprorts.. like here at kpit.. i assume its just something that needs ironed out?

usameshkpit.jpg

The other side of this is sharp cliffs 

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

On 8/18/2017 at 3:31 PM, theskyisthelimit said:

I'm noticing some odd elevation issues around some aiprorts.. like here at kpit.. i assume its just something that needs ironed out?

usameshkpit.jpg

The other side of this is sharp cliffs 

That's just typical P3D/FSX behavior when the airports aren't made sit on the mesh, but instead sit at their own elevation irregardless of a 3rd party mesh. I'm trying to produce a workaround, but honestly, Lockheed Martin needs to do something about this fundamental issue that has existed for years.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

Lockheed Martin needs to do something about this fundamental issue that has existed for years.

Came here just to upvote that.  It needs to be fixed.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Daniel, I made a switch over from FSX to P3Dv4 and now I'm noticing some other anomalies. At the moment I just have the base P3Dv4 installed and your freemeshx and I'm not sure which problem this is. Will you please let me know if there is a workaround? Thanks

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

2 hours ago, troyboy66 said:

Hi Daniel, I made a switch over from FSX to P3Dv4 and now I'm noticing some other anomalies. At the moment I just have the base P3Dv4 installed and your freemeshx and I'm not sure which problem this is. Will you please let me know if there is a workaround? Thanks

Troy

Hi Troy,

This is very much a basic P3D problem where "the elevation of a vector X, such as the vector controlling the elevation of an airport or river" does not match the elevation of "mesh Y which has no control over airports and water body elevations". This problem applies to all meshes.

I can't remember. Are you running FTX Vectors? Vectors can help solve this problem, especially for water bodies, and airports where the elevation discrepancies are great.

41 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

Hi Troy,

This is very much a basic P3D problem where "the elevation of a vector X, such as the vector controlling the elevation of an airport or river" does not match the elevation of "mesh Y which has no control over airports and water body elevations". This problem applies to all meshes.

I can't remember. Are you running FTX Vectors? Vectors can help solve this problem, especially for water bodies, and airports where the elevation discrepancies are great.

I haven't installed vectors as yet. I was just wondering if this was unusual to begin with. I just installed P3Dv4 a few days ago and haven't gotten to all my installs. FTX Global and Vectors are next to install. Thanks for looking into to this for me.

Troy Kemp

1 hour ago, troyboy66 said:

I haven't installed vectors as yet. I was just wondering if this was unusual to begin with. I just installed P3Dv4 a few days ago and haven't gotten to all my installs. FTX Global and Vectors are next to install. Thanks for looking into to this for me.

Well, it's not unusual really. It's almost expected if only the mesh is updated and the vector data remains default.

Small terrain spike noted today at N40 40.56' W123 36.54'.  I have ORBX/FTX Mesh disabled and am only running FreeMeshX.

terrainspike1.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Daniel,

Is FMX USA still in beta?

blaustern

Yes, it is still in open beta. I'm using the rest of this autumn collecting reports so that I can release a patch for Global and USA afterwards. I'm currently full steam ahead on preparing for the defense of my dissertation come next month, so I'm letting users just submit any bug reports in the mean time. As you can see, there so far only have been a few bugs.

1 hour ago, AviatorMoser said:

Yes, it is still in open beta. I'm using the rest of this autumn collecting reports so that I can release a patch for Global and USA afterwards. I'm currently full steam ahead on preparing for the defense of my dissertation come next month, so I'm letting users just submit any bug reports in the mean time. As you can see, there so far only have been a few bugs.

Good luck for your dissertation.  I know what a long hard road it is.  Both my sons have PhDs.  

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam