AviatorMoser

FreeMeshX USA Open Beta Announcement

72 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, the elevation of waterbodies (lakes, rivers, etc) are controlled by their vector information, much like airports, and not by the mesh. So it's not really a mesh bug, but another limitation of the terrain system in the ESP engine.

So there will be discrepancies between the mesh and vectors if the vectors are not updated in their own way too. I know FTX Vectors corrects many lakes, but not all of them. One could go into the terrain.cfg and change the FlattenMode and make the lakes hug the terrain, but then they're not level. There's nothing really I can do about it except make a freeware equivalent of FTX Vectors or UTX that corrects all the elevations of every water body, but that would be too much work.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

OK,

Good to know. Thanks for the explanation.

I'll continue on...

Excellent work by the way!

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Jeff

The grand canyon is affected by the mesh, correct? No anomalies there (that i know of), just curious.

Just now, Nuno Pinto said:

The grand canyon is affected by the mesh, correct? No anomalies there (that i know of), just curious.

Great!

Is the program still open? I am interested and sent an email yesterday.

Cheers!

Luke

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Is the program still open? I am interested and sent an email yesterday.

Cheers!

Luke

Yep, just got through the backlog. I was in Dallas yesterday for an interview, and just flown back this morning.

Awesome... got your email. Thanks!

Luke

I have opened the beta for all. Please use this thread to report problems.

Daniel,

excellent work. Had with the new mesh about 100 flights in the US, mainly western states, and didn't observe anything strange.

Thank you very much,

Peter

Daniel,

Is there any way you could upload part 11 to a different server? Google Drive maybe? My last two download attempts have yielded a corrupt file. It also seems like there are a lot of people attempting to re/download this file as I'm only averaging about 68kbps, (5-6hrs per attempt) whereas the other files were about 6-7mbps. Having two different sources will take a bit of the load off of the mediafire servers.

Looking forward to testing this mesh out. :cool:

23 hours ago, christopherbritton said:

Daniel,

Is there any way you could upload part 11 to a different server? Google Drive maybe? My last two download attempts have yielded a corrupt file. It also seems like there are a lot of people attempting to re/download this file as I'm only averaging about 68kbps, (5-6hrs per attempt) whereas the other files were about 6-7mbps. Having two different sources will take a bit of the load off of the mediafire servers.

Looking forward to testing this mesh out. :cool:

Ok, I thought I got this file ironed out with MediaFire. I've been able to download it with no problems and they said the integrity of the file is good on their end.

There is another mirror here. https://mega.nz/#!jFNk3LhJ!iHk5sWMAj767TNJU7XpkfO8AsEax2jAZJM_qU6T1rsQ on MEGA (not my preferential host), but perhaps this will help.

P.S. I'm working on a torrent for the USA mesh, but it's so large that it will take a while to put on the seedbox.

EDIT: Added a second mirror. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxBBpQg9ZFjYM0x1ekVaeWN1R3c

Downloaded and installed without corruption or errors.  Mileage probably varies by user though.

Here are some potential anomalies that I found while zipping around in the F-14 over Wyoming earlier today. They are within a few miles or less of each other. They don't seem to be your average tall terrain spikes, but they definitely do not match their surrounding terrain.

N44° 36.27'    W108° 5.13'
N44° 37.78'    W108° 5.23'
N44° 38.54'    W108° 6.61' - Multiple in close proximity. (pictured below)

QVrtVFg.jpg

Just completed another 8hrs download of part 11 and still getting .bgl errros for NW35 110 and NW35 115.

Troy

1 minute ago, troyboy66 said:

Just completed another 8hrs download of part 11 and still getting .bgl errros for NW35 110 and NW35 115.

Troy

Try our other mirrors for that particular file.