Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMeshX USA Open Beta Announcement

1 hour ago, christopherbritton said:

Here are some potential anomalies that I found while zipping around in the F-14 over Wyoming earlier today. They are within a few miles or less of each other. They don't seem to be your average tall terrain spikes, but they definitely do not match their surrounding terrain.

N44° 36.27'    W108° 5.13'
N44° 37.78'    W108° 5.23'
N44° 38.54'    W108° 6.61' - Multiple in close proximity. (pictured below)

Good eye. I'll investigate this. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

Try our other mirrors for that particular file.

Ok. The google site worked, and it was very fast. The installation just completed without errors. Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication.

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

I saw this yesterday but wanted to make sure I had the full working installation. This is image shows two unknown peaks in the Boise mountains. Perhapsh this is something you can fix?

http://imgur.com/1C2GnzY

Troy

• Upvote 1

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

1 minute ago, troyboy66 said:

I saw this yesterday but wanted to make sure I had the full working installation. This is image shows two unknown peaks in the Boise mountains. Perhapsh this is something you can fix?

http://imgur.com/1C2GnzY

Troy

That definitely looks like an artifact. Good report.

Hi David.

I have now FreeMeshX USA downloaded. Can I delete FreeMeshX North America? It is now unnecessary or?

11 minutes ago, ewi65 said:

Hi David.

I have now FreeMeshX USA downloaded. Can I delete FreeMeshX North America? It is now unnecessary or?

North America includes Canada and Greenland and only overlaps slightly with the USA. So I would keep it.

Daniel,

found some strange spikes NW of KINL (International Falls, Minnesota). Position about N48°36.96' W93°29.37'. Just take RWY 31 of KINL and you see it. Observed in FSX and P3D.

Regards,
Peter

9I7cLBz.jpg

Daniel,

I don't often fly out of canada (CYYZ) but since FreemeshX USA is the most recent addon,  I'm just wondering if this problem has anything to do with that? Thanks.

Troy Kemp

1 hour ago, troyboy66 said:

9I7cLBz.jpg

Daniel,

I don't often fly out of canada (CYYZ) but since FreemeshX USA is the most recent addon,  I'm just wondering if this problem has anything to do with that? Thanks.

WOAH!

Yeah, I just checked and I made a booboo with one of the files. A whole 1 deg x 1 deg chunk of Canada was steamrolled perfectly to sea level. The offending file is N40W085.bgl

This is an easy fix and I'll be providing a hotfix tomorrow night. Good find! Lesson of the day. Don't drink and mesh.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, dobi2002 said:

Daniel,

found some strange spikes NW of KINL (International Falls, Minnesota). Position about N48°36.96' W93°29.37'. Just take RWY 31 of KINL and you see it. Observed in FSX and P3D.

Regards,
Peter

Got them! Thanks for the report! I really appreciate it!

OLTxgyZ.jpg

32 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

WOAH!

Yeah, I just checked and I made a booboo with one of the files. A whole 1 deg x 1 deg chunk of Canada was steamrolled perfectly to sea level. The offending file is N40W085.bgl

This is an easy fix and I'll be providing a hotfix tomorrow night. Good find! Lesson of the day. Don't drink and mesh.

Great! Thank you. :gaul:

Troy Kemp

i had the time to fly randomly across Utah to different places. no anomalies so far.