AviatorMoser

FreeMeshX USA Open Beta Announcement

72 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, christopherbritton said:

Here are some potential anomalies that I found while zipping around in the F-14 over Wyoming earlier today. They are within a few miles or less of each other. They don't seem to be your average tall terrain spikes, but they definitely do not match their surrounding terrain.
 

N44° 36.27'    W108° 5.13'
N44° 37.78'    W108° 5.23'
N44° 38.54'    W108° 6.61' - Multiple in close proximity. (pictured below)

Good eye. I'll investigate this. Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

23 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

Try our other mirrors for that particular file.

 

Ok. The google site worked, and it was very fast. The installation just completed without errors. Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication.

Troy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this yesterday but wanted to make sure I had the full working installation. This is image shows two unknown peaks in the Boise mountains. Perhapsh this is something you can fix?

http://imgur.com/1C2GnzY

Troy

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, troyboy66 said:

I saw this yesterday but wanted to make sure I had the full working installation. This is image shows two unknown peaks in the Boise mountains. Perhapsh this is something you can fix?

http://imgur.com/1C2GnzY

Troy

That definitely looks like an artifact. Good report.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi David.

I have now FreeMeshX USA downloaded. Can I delete FreeMeshX North America? It is now unnecessary or?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ewi65 said:

Hi David.

I have now FreeMeshX USA downloaded. Can I delete FreeMeshX North America? It is now unnecessary or?

North America includes Canada and Greenland and only overlaps slightly with the USA. So I would keep it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daniel,

found some strange spikes NW of KINL (International Falls, Minnesota). Position about N48°36.96' W93°29.37'. Just take RWY 31 of KINL and you see it. Observed in FSX and P3D.

Regards,
Peter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9I7cLBz.jpg

Daniel,

I don't often fly out of canada (CYYZ) but since FreemeshX USA is the most recent addon,  I'm just wondering if this problem has anything to do with that? Thanks.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, troyboy66 said:

9I7cLBz.jpg

Daniel,

I don't often fly out of canada (CYYZ) but since FreemeshX USA is the most recent addon,  I'm just wondering if this problem has anything to do with that? Thanks.

 

WOAH!

Yeah, I just checked and I made a booboo with one of the files. A whole 1 deg x 1 deg chunk of Canada was steamrolled perfectly to sea level. The offending file is N40W085.bgl

This is an easy fix and I'll be providing a hotfix tomorrow night. Good find! Lesson of the day. Don't drink and mesh.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dobi2002 said:

Daniel,

found some strange spikes NW of KINL (International Falls, Minnesota). Position about N48°36.96' W93°29.37'. Just take RWY 31 of KINL and you see it. Observed in FSX and P3D.

Regards,
Peter

Got them! Thanks for the report! I really appreciate it!

OLTxgyZ.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

WOAH!

Yeah, I just checked and I made a booboo with one of the files. A whole 1 deg x 1 deg chunk of Canada was steamrolled perfectly to sea level. The offending file is N40W085.bgl

This is an easy fix and I'll be providing a hotfix tomorrow night. Good find! Lesson of the day. Don't drink and mesh.

Great! Thank you. :gaul:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had the time to fly randomly across Utah to different places. no anomalies so far.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites