Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMeshX USA Open Beta Announcement

10 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Good luck for your dissertation.  I know what a long hard road it is.  Both my sons have PhDs.  

blaustern

Now there's a father who must be proud!

Good luck, Daniel!

USGS does a fairly good job with correcting abnormalities in their data. I have been flying the A2A Skylane quite a bit lately, and I have yet to come across any abnormalities since my first report. For the sake of time and labor, maybe the amount of bugs will stay on the low-end. :cool:

-Chris

Chris (@Rotornut44)
Owner / Lead Developer at Emerald Scenery Design.

Just a quick question. Is there any need to use the Freemeshx - North America and Freemeshx - south and central america parts if you are using freemeshx - USA ?

Keep up the good work!

North America does not include the USA. It only includes Canada and Greenland. South and Central America refer to the geography south of the USA (Mexico, Columbia, Brazil, etc.)

Hi all

does any know if this USA beta goes in replace of the Mesh X North America folder or does it go in junction with

example

FreeMeshX - Patches

FreeMeshX - USA

FreeMeshX - North America

FreeMeshX - South and Central America

FreeMeshX - Europe

and so on with the rest of the meshx folders

Thank You

On 10/17/2017 at 1:25 AM, AviatorMoser said:

North America does not include the USA. It only includes Canada and Greenland.

Hi dnz - looking at what Daniel wrote above, my guess is that you are correct with USA beta being an addition to the rest of the folders, not a North America replacement.

It appears that it's been some time since Dan was present on the forums, hope he's doing OK...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Okay

thank you for your response, i thought the same addition to

yes i hope Dan is ok too,,,

thank you

Darryl

On 8/17/2019 at 3:56 PM, HighBypass said:

Hi dnz - looking at what Daniel wrote above, my guess is that you are correct with USA beta being an addition to the rest of the folders, not a North America replacement.

It appears that it's been some time since Dan was present on the forums, hope he's doing OK...

I'm alive and well. Thanks for your thoughts.

I've just been away from the ESP platform the last year or so -- outside of a rare A2A Connie flight. If I do occasionally sim, it's usually in the world of X-Plane (pretty nice sim). With MSFS being announced, and so far wowing me personally, I am starting to itch to get back into flight simulation, and there are still some outstanding artifacts present in the mesh that I'd like to clean up. They have just not been high priority for me since I earned my doctorate and took my life in a new direction (now in Texas).

I do want to get a FreeMeshX Global patch out for those remaining (known) artifacts. Hopefully the holidays will give me some time to think about it and locate these artifacts. It would be nice to open these old scripts I wrote for the data cleanup for nostalgia's stakes. I probably will not be able to see to completion my ambitions for the USA mesh. They were technically possible, but a huge challenge to implement -- now that challenge is becoming more attractive but I've likely waited too long. I am almost certain MSFS will steal the show, return Microsoft to its former glory, and the need for my replacement mesh will no longer be necessary.

Anyways, thanks for the kind thoughts. I hope FreeMeshX has been serving the community well in my absence, and heck there may even be an update for Christmas (seriously, no promises -- but it would be nice to get a fresh update out)

• Like 5

Thanks for the heads-up Daniel.

You say you may have waited too long for a USA mesh update due to the forthcoming MSFS... I'm just going to leave this here: FS9 is still alive and kicking, certainly for more than a few AVSIM members. :happy: I suspect FSX may hang around for a long time too.

I can't imagine using FSX without the more realistic topography freely offered by Freemesh X - local geography is instantly more recognisable, especially if a user adds an accurate landclass or photoreal scenery draped over the top! :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)