Sign in to follow this  
bobby456gt

C690B bugs

I love this Aerocommander and I've been waiting for it since FS2004. 

Now I found some bugs. 

• Clock is missing hands
  • HP Limit ON-OFF test button is not working
  • DME is showing NAV 1 in the 3 selector. (DME1- DME freq- DME2 should have) 
  • What is " Hide copilot"?
  • On the paint scheem says Dash-10 but the flying performance is not for a Dash-10. 

Other than these bugs. I like it. 

1 hour ago, bobby456gt said:

Now I found some bugs. 

• What is " Hide copilot"?
  • On the paint scheem says Dash-10 but the flying performance is not for a Dash-10. 

1. Erm, you don't what it is but you call it a bug?  Well, it just does what it says....it hides the copilot....and it works...definitely not a bug.

2. Well, you can paint anything onto your Commander. 

18 hours ago, J35OE said:

1. Erm, you don't what it is but you call it a bug?  Well, it just does what it says....it hides the copilot....and it works...definitely not a bug.

2. Well, you can paint anything onto your Commander. 

1. I have not found the difference clicking the "hide copilot" check. Where do you see it?
  2. Of course you can paint anything, but my point is that the performance for the airplane is for TPE331-5 engine and not -10. 

I was expecting Carenado made a -10 Commander. 

31 minutes ago, bobby456gt said:
  1. I have not found the difference clicking the "hide copilot" check. Where do you see it?
  2. I was expecting Carenado made a -10 Commander. 

1. If you hide to copilot he's gone from the cockpit. Not a new feature but I like it.

2. They never said so anywhere. 

Hi, i need some help, when i start the engines on the turbo commander (following the normal checklist):

1- EGT's rise up very fast 

2- And the engines keeps full power for a while (HP on max some times almost 2 minute

All IDLE PWR and LO RPM

Any solutions??

Thanks...

The problem is the condition lever. With e.g. the PT6 the condition lever is in the OFF position until the engine RPM is at around 10-12%, thereafter you advance the condition lever to low idle and fuel flow starts.

With the TPE331 the engine is started with the condition lever already in the low position but IRL there's no fuel flow yet. 

Unfortunately in FSX fuel flow starts as soon as you push the starter button in this case happen and as soon as the engine ignites you get a hot start, the EGT/ITT shoots up and RPM horrible increases.

To avoid this, you should use the procedure to get the temp below 300°C which means keep the condition lever in the OFF position until RPM doesn't increase anymore during motoring.

Then advance the condition lever to LO.

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2017 at 3:18 AM, J35OE said:

To avoid this, you should use the procedure to get the temp below 300°C which means keep the condition lever in the OFF position until RPM doesn't increase anymore during motoring.

Then advance the condition lever to LO.

I try it but i think is not possible to put the condition lever in OFF position. But i try something else, if you keep pressing the NTS TEST button during the engine start, EGT's and RPM will be on full power for much less time.

3 hours ago, fafabosque said:

I try it but i think is not possible to put the condition lever in OFF position. 

I know that Carenado/Alabeo aren't exactly famous for their system accuracy but this one works with a key command for 'propeller decrease rpm'.

Like with all default prop planes you can't feather the prop with the mouse in the VC, you have to use a key command (to avoid inadvertant feathering)