Sign in to follow this  
knightracing

Taxiway directions

I think I know the answer to this after poking around and reading through the manual but it never hurts to ask. ATC seems to assign a route based on the shortest distance from A to B. At big airports like CYYZ this leads to some problems sending me almost anywhere including diagonally using high speed exits of active runways instead of the proper paths used at the airport.  For example, planes would never be assigned to use Alpha Kilo, Alpha, Alpha Lima, Bravo One, Sierra, Echo blah blah blah to get from Terminal 1 to runway 15R. Bravo One is a high speed exit for Runway 15L and  following that route actually makes you taxi up 15L briefly, against landing traffic. In reality planes would be assigned to take Alpha up to Hotel and across.

For now, deleting the exit ramps and some of the minor crossing points helps a little but is there a way to set taxi directions while doing Taxiway maintanance to clean this up? For example at CYYZ the directions of Alpha is north only and Bravo is south only. I'd love to be able to set one way signs so that the route assigned is a little more realistic to real life. 

Thanks for any insight,

p

Yes, you know the answer.  Sorry, but the taxi path logic does not yet deal with one-way routes.  It does just find the shortest route from where your aircraft is to where you what to go.

Cool. Ya I figured. No worries. It does work to delete where you don't want to go. I have actually done 2 different base data files where I have one with arrival taxiways only and the other with departure taxiways and then I just move the right one into the data folder depending on which end of the flight CYYZ is. It works.

Thanks for the reply,

p

ya, had been doing the readback and then ignoring it. Tried just to hit the same taxi hold points but the obsessive compulsive in me just felt wrong not doing what I said ;) Plus the execise taught me how to really use the taxi mnt function and fix some airports I use regularily so it was worth it.

p