Sign in to follow this  
pracines

Radar Contact and UT Live

RC gets its data from fsuipc which creates ai tables that RC scans every few seconds. To test fsuipc do the following:

First get the latest fsuipc3, 4, or 5 as appliable to your fs version and install.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

and get a full or update  as necessary.

Next from here get Traffic Look (free) and install in any folder on the same drive as your fs application:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/.

Start fs and load up a parked flight at a busy airport. Traffic Look is a separate application running in its own window that displays a table of aircraft within its range. Give it time for ai to arrive, etc. You can choose ground or air operations. It will show flights with phase of flight, arrival times, speeds, assigned airports and runways, etc., in a spreadsheet like display. If RC is running on an fs client over a network to an fs host, try it on the client as well. RC need not be running for this test.

If Traffic Look shows ai then the tables fsuipc creates are available to RC.

fsuipc does not need a paid registration for this test.

If Traffic Look does not see ai, then take your query to the fsuipc forum.

I re-registered on the UT forum but I can not open the link. I do not have UT Live and no longer use the UT classic versions so I can't read the thread you pointed to.

Thanks Ron,

I'm pretty sure FSUIPC is seeing the AI because correct traffic calls are announced correctly, but AI is told to line up / take-off when we are on short final. Proper landing clearance is given by RC and yet the P3Dv4 w/HF#1 Tower ATC (not RC Tower) is clearing planes for takeoff. It still may be a function of FSUIPC 5.103g that is the issue but I have no idea.

this may have been fixed  by a UT Live patch (1.22) having to do with AI radios, unsure - will check it out soon.

If you are on short final RC tries to freeze ground traffic to prevent runway incursions.

Why are you using another tower controller ATC? That would conflict with RC. For your aircraft only RC should be in control including calls heard for AI. RC should be the only tower controller and ATC you are hearing. RC provides regional voices for AI it sees including ATC and cockpit crew.

Does Traffic Look properly see AI?

I'm running P3dV4 with UT LIVE, FSUIPC 5 With Server and Radar Contact Networked. It all works very well and Radar Contact talks to all the AI. 

I installed Traffic Look but the window doesn't open up. Its running but where? I created a folder inside p3dv4.1  and run as administrator..have latest paid for fsuipc. Using UTLive.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

It seems like RC is unable to freeze traffic while I am on final or short final. Currently on busy airports almost always as I am on short final RC would clear Ai traffic for departure and then ask me to go around. 

Regards 

Asad

Traffic Look runs as a separate program window on the PC you installed it on. Try alt-tabbing around to see if it is hidden under something else. It does not use a window with the FS window.

Try just starting it without FS running. You should see a can't find FS error window.