Sign in to follow this  
Evan

Lighting issue

I have the 737, 747, and 777 with p3d v4 hotfix 1. I thought I remember the wing lights casting onto the runway in v3, however in v4 I have to have dynamic lighting turned on to get this effect (which kills fps for me). Should the lights cast onto the runway without dynamic lighting enabled?

Evan Hardin 

57 minutes ago, Evan said:

I have the 737, 747, and 777 with p3d v4 hotfix 1. I thought I remember the wing lights casting onto the runway in v3, however in v4 I have to have dynamic lighting turned on to get this effect (which kills fps for me). Should the lights cast onto the runway without dynamic lighting enabled?

No it was designed like that. If you’re using SSAA antialiasing, try using MSAA, it should improve performance with dynamic lights a lot. 

8 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

No it was designed like that.

Can you link me an official statement on that?

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

1 hour ago, Ioan92 said:

Can you link me an official statement on that?

Kyle said it in a Dynamic lights thread a while back, I'll never be able to find it.