Sign in to follow this  
S_D

Orbx Vector 1.52 for P3Dv4 now available

FWIW, it's the same Vector, only the configuration tool was changed.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

This is my first time using vector (used UTX in the past but they don't cover everywhere).  Are there any settings that should be unchecked?  I know when VAS was an issue people had to compromise a lot to avoid OOMing, but now that's gone so I'm concerned with only performance.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

FWIW, it's the same Vector, only the configuration tool was changed.

Vic

Previous version was 1.51. I believe a few small things were changed, because otherwise they wouldn't have updated the version number (they didn't change the v number of other v4 compatible products...)

3 hours ago, Avidean said:

If you're talking about FTX Southern Alaska I think you will find that its exactly the same as it was before you installed Vector

Nope, not for me. Prior to the Vector install the PAWG area was, well, not good. Lots of rock faces/cliffs with seemingly no textures. After the new vector install things look much better...it's as simple as that. And so far I see no affect on performance.  

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

1 hour ago, S_D said:

Previous version was 1.51. I believe a few small things were changed, because otherwise they wouldn't have updated the version number (they didn't change the v number of other v4 compatible products...)

They changed the config tool.

from their announcement - 

This is a new version (1.52) that has a new version of the config tool, no other changes are with this update.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Installed and working great so far!  Was really missing Vector as I fly a lot on the East Coast (NC/TN/GA/SC/VA) where there aren't any regions.  Running P3Dv4, FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX LC, and Pilot's 2018 Ultimate Mesh.... very pleased with the results!  But, I've always been a big fan of the improvements Vector makes.

Now the only downside is my P3D install is almost filling a 1TB SSD once you add in all the regions and 3rd party planes I also own ha.... bring on South America LC, who needs free SSD space anyway?!?! :biggrin:

As I said, Vector worked perfectly since release of v4. The only thing they patched is the config tool and ONLY the automatic detection. The old config tool for AEC worked perfectly fine. Only the Auto Configuration did not work, not it works...

So you can not see any changes! If you see changes on textures in your old v3 installation was something messed up.

I installed the new vector through FTX Central.  All options are checked on in the config tool, but I'm experiencing micro stutters in flight with 60+ fps.  I will uncheck a lot of the secondary roads and golf courses etc.  It is slightly annoying that's for sure.

I also set pre rendered frames = 1 in the Nvidia Control Panel but that didn't help at all.