Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

RealAir turbine Dke for FSX in P3D4?

Just to clarify - can you install the FSX RealAir Turbine Duke v2 in P3D4 as I don't have a P3Dv3 installer only the FSX one.  Thank you.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hello Bruce,

Yes you can.  I installed it without any problems into P3D v4.  Just make sure you point the installer at your P3D v4 directory, and it does its thing.

Kev

35 minutes ago, kfd said:

Hello Bruce,

Yes you can.  I installed it without any problems into P3D v4.  Just make sure you point the installer at your P3D v4 directory, and it does its thing.

Kev

Can I confirm what your saying. The Duke for FSX can be installed into P3dV4? 

I'm not saying you're wrong I was under the impression that the two were incompatible

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Brian T - my mistake, I misread the op question.  I installed the P3d old version direct into P3d v4 with no problems.  apologies to you and Bruce.  

K

2 minutes ago, kfd said:

Brian T - my mistake, I misread the op question.  I installed the P3d old version direct into P3d v4 with no problems.  apologies to you and Bruce.  

K

Sobs uncontrollably into oblivion :(

No apology necessary K I've been searching for a definitive answer for a week or two now, so you've saved me that at least :happy:

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I have the FSX RealAir Duke version 1.5 installed in P3D v4 works fine.

Actually I copied it over from P3D v3, but if I remember correctly all you have to do is create a blank FSX.exe file with notepad, insert it into the main folder of P3D and point the installer to it. Works great including sounds.

Hope this helps.

Mick

• Upvote 1

The Turbine Duke FSX version works fine for me in p3d v4 also ,I used the latest migration tool to install,

Peter

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mickatmian said:

I have the FSX RealAir Duke version 1.5 installed in P3D v4 works fine.

Actually I copied it over from P3D v3, but if I remember correctly all you have to do is create a blank FSX.exe file with notepad, insert it into the main folder of P3D and point the installer to it. Works great including sounds.

Hope this helps.

Mick

1 hour ago, wizzards said:

The Turbine Duke FSX version works fine for me in p3d v4 also ,I used the latest migration tool to install,

Peter

Thanks guys the Duke lives on :cool:

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I too simply ran the FSX installer and pointed it to my P3Dv4 install.  The sounds (flaps, gear, switches) won't work unless you download Doug Dawson's 64 bit sound gauge.  I don't have the link but there was a very large thread on here not long ago with all the info you need, run a quick search on the forum for Real Air Turbine Duke and you should find it.

One thing I have noticed is the Real Air Config program won't open for me, I have to manually edit the config files in the Real Air installation folder to change any settings, eg cold and dark start.  Not sure if this is just my issue or whether its widespread.  I've not really gone looking for a solution yet.

Thomas Derbyshire

Thanks guys I will give it a go and see what happens.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Up and flying just need to sort out the sound. thanks for the link.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

23 minutes ago, theobrinkman said:

Fsxtreme.. where do you paste the dll ? Into which folder?

It goes into the gauges folder of your P3DV4 install.

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

2 hours ago, theobrinkman said:

Fsxtreme.. where do you paste the dll ? Into which folder?

Step by step:

Install aircraft to P3Dv4 directory (select it manually)

1.    Rename "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll" to "RASDukeTv2.dll"

2.    Navigate to \<YOUR PREPAR3D V4 FOLDER>\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2\Panel

3.    Delete "RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau"

4.    Copy renamed "RASDukeTv2.dll" to \<YOUR PREPAR3D V4 FOLDER>\Gauges folder

Trevor