Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

RealAir turbine Dke for FSX in P3D4?

On 7/17/2017 at 7:49 PM, tpollen said:

Step by step:

Install aircraft to P3Dv4 directory (select it manually)

1.    Rename "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll" to "RASDukeTv2.dll"

2.    Navigate to \<YOUR PREPAR3D V4 FOLDER>\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2\Panel

3.    Delete "RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau"

4.    Copy renamed "RASDukeTv2.dll" to \<YOUR PREPAR3D V4 FOLDER>\Gauges folder

Trevor

After installing the duke into my P3Dv4 directory I don't seem to have a RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau file in my \...\RealAir Duke Turbine V2\Panel folder although there is one in my P3D gauges folder.  Is this the one that should be deleted after copying the renamed RASDukeTc2.dlI to the P3Dv4 gauges folder?  Apologies for resurrecting a slightly old thread but getting the Duke functional in  P3D4 has been on hold why I went through hoops with F1 support to fix the GTN black screen bug in P3D4.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

3 hours ago, brucewtb said:

After installing the duke into my P3Dv4 directory I don't seem to have a RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau file in my \...\RealAir Duke Turbine V2\Panel folder although there is one in my P3D gauges folder.  Is this the one that should be deleted after copying the renamed RASDukeTc2.dlI to the P3Dv4 gauges folder?  Apologies for resurrecting a slightly old thread but getting the Duke functional in  P3D4 has been on hold why I went through hoops with F1 support to fix the GTN black screen bug in P3D4.

Bruceb

Hi Bruce, my bad, the "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll" file should be renamed to "RASDukeTv2_Sound.dll" and replace the "RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau" file whether it is in the "Gauge" folder or the "Panel" folder and should be placed in the "Gauge" folder.  So yes delete the "RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau" in the Gauge folder and replace it with the renamed file.

Sorry for the confusion,

Trevor

Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Did not work for me. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On 8/7/2017 at 8:00 AM, tpollen said:

Hi Bruce, my bad, the "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll" file should be renamed to "RASDukeTv2_Sound.dll" and replace the "RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau" file whether it is in the "Gauge" folder or the "Panel" folder and should be placed in the "Gauge" folder.  So yes delete the "RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau" in the Gauge folder and replace it with the renamed file.

Sorry for the confusion,

Trevor

I re-installed the Turbine Duke yesterday, and the sounds are working. However, what I did was to rename the file dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll to "RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau" (no quotes). To emphasize, the re-named file has the .gau extension, NOT the .dll extension.

• Upvote 1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

10 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

I re-installed the Turbine Duke yesterday, and the sounds are working. However, what I did was to rename the file dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll to "RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau" (no quotes). To emphasize, the re-named file has the .gau extension, NOT the .dll extension.

THANK YOU a million times! :cool::cool::cool:

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

15 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

Thanks again. Didn't seem to make much sense to have the .dll extension good to have that clarified.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

I have installed Turbine Duke V1 into P3d v4 ,it looks great fly's well,the only sounds missing are the click when using switches,the engine sounds ,flaps,UC seem to work fine,I have tried the 64 bit sounds file but it does not make any difference,so i decided to see if i could re download just in case my original  file had got corrupted and just to make sure I had the latest FSX version as i purchased directly from RA it is no longer available,so whilst i understand they no longer support their aircraft i can not understand why they have made it no longer available to re download for the customers who supported them

Peter

39 minutes ago, wizzards said:

I have installed Turbine Duke V1 into P3d v4 ,it looks great fly's well,the only sounds missing are the click when using switches,the engine sounds ,flaps,UC seem to work fine,I have tried the 64 bit sounds file but it does not make any difference,so i decided to see if i could re download just in case my original  file had got corrupted and just to make sure I had the latest FSX version as i purchased directly from RA it is no longer available,so whilst i understand they no longer support their aircraft i can not understand why they have made it no longer available to re download for the customers who supported them

Peter

You can download all installers from their site: http://realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=download_installer

thanks very much for the Link ,I had spent some time searching but for some reason I could not open the RA site,its a pity that the guys closed down,maybe they could do a last tour and convert to P3d v4,bet they would make a few bob :biggrin:

peter

Were the FSX and P3D versions of the Duke separate purchases as it seems I can download the FSX installer but not the P3D one?  While it seems I have successfully ported over my FSX Duke install into P3D4 I would like to get a P3D installer if that is possible. Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

OK that explains it.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

If you want a very simple way of getting these planes into p3d v4..

Read the following link. It also tells you how to import the config tool and the check lists...all very very simple....

http://www.canadianxpress.ca/Xpress/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21669&whichpage=2

This has also worked for my aerosoft twotter....it's as easy as just copy past the right folder into the right place. DONE!

To get the check lists working all you do is find the files convert them into html (tools on internet for free to do this)  and rename them at HTM files instead of txt files.

BOOM.....go fly!

Then do the sound thing if you like.

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2017 at 0:53 PM, Tommytongue said:

If you want a very simple way of getting these planes into p3d v4..

Read the following link. It also tells you how to import the config tool and the check lists...all very very simple....

http://www.canadianxpress.ca/Xpress/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21669&whichpage=2

This has also worked for my aerosoft twotter....it's as easy as just copy past the right folder into the right place. DONE!

To get the check lists working all you do is find the files convert them into html (tools on internet for free to do this)  and rename them at HTM files instead of txt files.

BOOM.....go fly!

Then do the sound thing if you like.

the link needs a registered account and they have turned off registering new accounts

Jim V

Jim Vasto