Sign in to follow this  
DarrianCZE

Another updates?...

Another updates which need to be installed manually? Are you kidding me? What is the point of your micro updates, if you are not using them?... I admire your job and I am not definitely saying something against it... but reinstalling it for the THIRD time!!! I am really tired by this.

• Upvote 1

Jan Podlipsky

Full names required in the forums please.

robert did say that some more fully reinstalls will be needed until the new installers are stable. 

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

What do you mean another update as I'm not showing anything in ops centre which I installed few days ago?

Stewart Cumbers

1 minute ago, donkey20048 said:

What do you mean another update as I'm not showing anything in ops centre which I installed few days ago?

there is  another  update   for the ngx just  came  out  today looks like it,  different  from the other  one

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

New update is for NGX, change log says stability improvements, and an update is for 77L that fixes autobrake switch issue, besides other things i guess. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Hello Robert and PMDG team - just a suggestion. Would it be possible to have an option to uninstall aircraft directly from Ops Centre?

Mario Di Lauro

Well, they are giving us better installers at their expense of bandwidth costs.  I really don't know why we should be complaining about that.

• Upvote 2

Matt Webb

40 minutes ago, Matt Webb said:

Well, they are giving us better installers at their expense of bandwidth costs.  I really don't know why we should be complaining about that.

unfortunately people dont look at it from that view 

• Upvote 1

Maybe some perspective on all of this, is necessary.

1) I just started my computer,

2) Logged into my PMDG account

3) Downloaded the new B737 update.

4) Uninstalled the old one.

5) Installed the new one.

6) "Repaired" the liveries.

Total time, 3 minutes and 45 seconds.

Every time PMDG "wastes" almost 4 minutes of our time, these products get better.

Let's just enjoy them!

Many regards,

Roberto

• Upvote 10

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

23 minutes ago, Alex Kulak said:

unfortunately people dont look at it from that view 

I'm not going to feel bad that they're sending more money to AWS for S3 data egress charges due to installer issues (I seem to recall they use S3 for file distribution). Their cost to improve the process is just the cost of running a business.The constant uninstall/reinstall process is a bit burdensome. As someone who works in this industry for a living, I'm not going to pretend that things don't happen and customers are sometimes asked to accommodate the developer for a time while they work something out. I'm willing to deal with it for now. That said, this is starting to get old and there will come a point where "we're improving the installer" just isn't a good excuse anymore from a customer service perspective. That's not a dig at PMDG; I'd make the same statement about any company from which I purchased software.

• Upvote 1

Well guys, don´t forget people with LIMITED bandwith and limited download quota!!! Yes, they exist outside your room. And they WILL pay for the extra download charge. That´s why we need to go back to incremental updates asap.

And a question: is this new full update enable the instalations of -600-700 or is just for the base package?

• Upvote 1

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Do we have to reinstall the 300 expansion as well?

EDIT: Nevermind, Chris' comment on the other thread confirmed.

29 minutes ago, cslawrence said:

I'm not going to feel bad that they're sending more money to AWS for S3 data egress charges due to installer issues (I seem to recall they use S3 for file distribution). Their cost to improve the process is just the cost of running a business.The constant uninstall/reinstall process is a bit burdensome. As someone who works in this industry for a living, I'm not going to pretend that things don't happen and customers are sometimes asked to accommodate the developer for a time while they work something out. I'm willing to deal with it for now. That said, this is starting to get old and there will come a point where "we're improving the installer" just isn't a good excuse anymore from a customer service perspective. That's not a dig at PMDG; I'd make the same statement about any company from which I purchased software.

no i totally understand. im not complaining about it, people wil install the updates complaining or not complaining. 

I suggest who are complaining for re-downloading, just don't. PMDG does a great job doing updates, since others are charging full price for this as FS2CREW (ok 5 bucks off for v4).

I love when they do this, because the product is up to date. Different from others, you buy and never get refresh or/and stay buggy.

Raphael Dias

• Upvote 1