Sign in to follow this  
DarrianCZE

Another updates?...

Just now, raphaeldias85 said:

I suggest who are complaining for re-downloading, just don't. PMDG does a great job doing updates, since others are charging full price for this as FS2CREW (ok 5 bucks off for v4).

I love when they do this, because the product is up to date. Different from others, you buy and never get refresh or/and stay buggy.

Raphael Dias

Yes, it is definitely great that they are doing it for free, BUT... PMDG is selling separate products for FSX and Prepar3D. And at a quite substantial price difference. Therefore it was kinda... expected of them (I know that sounds little bit bad, but I don't know other word how to describe that).

Jan Podlipsky

Dear PMDG: I have a solution for you: next update state: micro update system removed until further notice. 

This will get rid of the oh so many whiner posts...

You're welcome :)

Just now, DarrianCZE said:

Yes, it is definitely great that they are doing it for free, BUT... PMDG is selling separate products for FSX and Prepar3D. And at a quite substantial price difference. Therefore it was kinda... expected of them (I know that sounds little bit bad, but I don't know other word how to describe that).

Price is another topic :) I think they overcharge Prepar3D since there is a new version every year it seems. But business is business. That's their decision. Our community is small and there is a lot of piracy.

I don't like to re-download either, but let's be patient. They said the OC 2.0 is coming and this large updates is about to end.

Raphael Dias

People usually complain about developers NOT updating products.

Oh, scratch that.  People just complain, period.  LOL!

• Upvote 8

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 minutes ago, raphaeldias85 said:

I think they overcharge Prepar3D since there is a new version every year it seems.

Just like any game that comes out each year..?

22 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

+++1

24 minutes ago, raphaeldias85 said:

overcharge Prepar3D

So, should PMDG give an upgrade from FSX to P3D for free? If not the case, how can it then be an overcharge? The choice is with the buyer. I have their OOTS II for FSX, and would like the P3D upgrade, but cannot afford it, but would not say PMDG were overcharging.

My only complaint about having to reinstall every time is that in my haste to reinstall all the aircraft I accidentally install the bing bar on one of them! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have clearly stated, that they are doing extremely good job, and they are truly the best developer out there. My only complain is with the installers. Nothing more.

Jan Podlipsky

1 hour ago, DarrianCZE said:

I have clearly stated, that they are doing extremely good job, and they are truly the best developer out there. My only complain is with the installers. Nothing more.

You know you should just have read Robert's latest post he very clearly stated that their would be more full reinstall. Just to make sure that it's working for everybody which means that then of course they will be able to only do micro updates through the operation center.

- "Why do i need to keep reinstalling" complai...<cough> users:  I'm sorry it is inconvenient for you to do so- but we do know what we are doing and we are trying to increase the stability level of everyone in the community by making sure we baseline certain prerequisites on the install that will allow us to use the micro-update process without being inundated with traffic from folks who have faulty installations.  I'd expect probably one, maybe two, three or four more cycles where we do a "full sweep" just so that we can be sure to get everyone the most stable platform that they can have...   I'm sorry it frustrates a few users but....   It is better than having 10,000 possible iterations of problems burying the support team and preventing them from helping anyone effectively!  (Note:  You would be amazed at how complex installation is across our customer base... what should be pretty simple really isn't...)

1 hour ago, doylie22 said:

I accidentally install the bing bar on one of them!

That's hilarious. I find it odd that the installers want to install DirectX in this day and age: it's the only flightsim product that I can think of that wants to do it (just hit "cancel" when prompted). Furthermore, I don't get why the expansion installers do that too since one would think anyone that needed DirectX would have installed it with the base product installer, which the expansions are dependent on anyway.

First world problems, geez! Download, unistall, install, play. That's it!

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

4 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

Total time, 3 minutes and 45 seconds.

You're very fortunate to have such a fast internet service. Many of us don't.

David Porrett

It is what it is.  You say simply do this or simply change that. Since you don't understand the full scope what they have to do you will have someone to complain. It's ridiculous, we are in the new 64 bits world that mean there will have to do a lot of adjustments.  We are all in the same boat, just uninstall and reinstall. Heck we do this all the time. Geez.  

David. 

What I find totally unacceptable if that the notifications say nothing about having to uninstall/reinstall. How are users supposed to know that if the Ops Centre information suggests simply click to update. 

And as mentioned not everyone has the luxury of unlimited bandwidth on their superfast internet access. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew