Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

Compact Engine Display on EICAS

For FSX. Since the recent updates I don't believe the compact engine display on the EICAS will work. It use to be INBOARD DSPL switch to EICAS, press L INBD and ENG button located on the DSP, and switch INBOARD DSPLY to NAV. Can someone confirm this please. If there is a new sequence, can someone detail it please.

Yes, this is the sequence I have been using all the years to get the compact engine display. FSX too.

If this doesn't work any more, then it's yet another reason for me to not upgrade.Still on the older version of the T7 and watching issues like that one coming in ...

Dave P. Woycek

Don't really use it. But just so you know. It does work in P3D v4.

• Upvote 1

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

I never use it. If there's a need to monitor more than N1 and EGT then EICAS will automatically display more parameters.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks for the information. Strange as it may seem, I am able to get the compact EICAS display to work with some liveries and not with others.

1 hour ago, pcubine said:

Thanks for the information. Strange as it may seem, I am able to get the compact EICAS display to work with some liveries and not with others.

Hmmm is it an airline specific option?

46 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Hmmm is it an airline specific option?

I don't believe it is. I used the compact engines display on all 777 prior to the recent updates. There is no option that must be enabled in PMDG Setup.

Can you tell in which liveries you are seeing the issue? Also 77L/77F or 77W?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

7 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Can you tell in which liveries you are seeing the issue? Also 77L/77F or 77W?

I do not have the 77W. It is so inconsistent as to when the compact engine display is produced on the EICAS, it is impossible to name specific liveries. For example a flight using Aerologic might work fine. The next flight using Aerologic I can not produce a compact engine display using the correct procedure. If switch and buttons are pressed In a random sequence, the compact engine display might appear or it might never appear no matter what buttons are pressed. I am done with this problem. I will use the full display from now on. 

Isn't this a feature in the 777? I don't understand why wouldn't it work.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg