Sign in to follow this  
Zachstends

V/S on this aircraft?

Hello everyone-

I just picked up this airplane and am still getting familiar with it. Excuse my ignorance, i'm fairly new to learning these types of smaller planes. Is there a V/S adjuster on the autopilot at all to bring you up to your cruising altitude? Or do you have to hand fly until the wanted altitude is reached? 

Thanks,

Zach

I haven't bought the aircraft yet, but I would be surprised if it didn't some type of V/S?

I guess its just a matter of figuring it out. 

This aircraft comes with some type of garmin GPS system, i'm not sure if you have to configure something on there?

IhsZTtE.png

Again, excuse my ignorance i'm coming from jet planes where all you have to do is turn a few knobs and click a button. Very easy to figure out, this not so much for me haha.

It's on the right side if the AP panel. The large black knob. You don't set the V/S with this knob but the pitch attitude.

Left klick to decrease the pitch attitude, right click to increase the pitch attitude.

9 hours ago, J35OE said:

It's on the right side if the AP panel. The large black knob. You don't set the V/S with this knob but the pitch attitude.

Left klick to decrease the pitch attitude, right click to increase the pitch attitude.

Hi, i recently bought the plane and am still getting familiar and i try to use that knob for adjust the pitch, but the plane don't move, and i need to climb and descent manually, any solution?

13 hours ago, fafabosque said:

Hi, i recently bought the plane and am still getting familiar and i try to use that knob for adjust the pitch, but the plane don't move, and i need to climb and descent manually, any solution?

When you engage the autopilot, it should enter a roll hold and pitch hold mode.  Then use the scroll wheel on the middle of the black knob to control pitch up.down.  Each scroll click is roughly 1/4 of a degree in pitch change from what I've seen.

There is an IAS hold mode as well, once you have your pitch set and autopilot engaged, you can click IAS and it is supposed to maintain that IAS for the climb, but its a little wonky - I'm going to submit a bug.  You can then use the middle of the black knob to control the set IAS speed which indirectly controls your v/s.

Make sure that you use the AP master switch in the panel and not an external switch, or the Z-key.. or the pitch adjuster will refuse to work.

• Upvote 1

Bert

53 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Make sure that you use the AP master switch in the panel and not an external switch, or the Z-key.. or the pitch adjuster will refuse to work.

Thanks Bert!! work perfectly! 

6 hours ago, fizzer said:

You can then use the middle of the black knob to control the set IAS speed which indirectly controls your v/s.

Something new thanks I'm going to try that!

Thanks Bert, had that problem last night. The altitude set doesn't do anything. It does not capture the selected altitude and there is no aural alarm. The autopilot alt button only captures current alt. I'm considering swapping it out for something else. Don

Don Nelson

The confusing thing is that when you use "Ready to Taxi" mode, the FD is off.

After you have used the AP master switch once, the FD is and stays on... :huh:

Bert

The 690 AP will freeze if you add a new window with a different gauge, don't work.  

Don Nelson

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The confusing thing is that when you use "Ready to Taxi" mode, the FD is off.

After you have used the AP master switch once, the FD is and stays on... :huh:

And Carenado has told me that you should turn on the FD by pushing the TOGA button before takeoff.

Bert