Sign in to follow this  
Senchai

Cannot deinstall 737 for the new installer?

Hi again.... this installler stuff starts to make me crazy.

So today i saw theres an update for the 737. Hitting the update button lets a txt file popup where it tells me to download whole installer again. Ok, np, downloaded it and tried to deinstall the 737 first, to install the new installer.

To my surprise it didnt let me deinstall. In Win programs list, if i deinstal, the installer opens without option to deinstall. See video.

Is it this time really an "update" where we have to overinstall over the other? Or how can i deinstall it first??

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aYAVJ6A8MxrDtYTo1

Alex Wolff

BetaTeamB.png

... Did you read my post or watch the vid?

"To my surprise it didnt let me deinstall. In Win programs list, if i deinstal, the installer opens without option to deinstall. See video."

Please guys... the topic has 5 lines. I cannot make it shorter..

BetaTeamB.png

Computer security program(s) disabled?  Run the installer "As Admin"?

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thank you Dave, I only have the Win Defender active, im the admin on the account so i guess a normal "deinstall" via Windows panel would be the normal way and the installer gets started in admin mode. But ill try to look it by hand and try manually. Ive not encountered this with any other software that i tried to deinstall.

Alex Wolff

BetaTeamB.png

Same happens.... if i start installer manually as admin i also only get the install option, without to see anything related to remove.

I also tried to do it with the new downloaded one, doesnt work too. THen i deactivated Microsoft Windows Defender RealtimeProtection and still same...

I cannot get remove option.

Alex W.

BetaTeamB.png

Go into add/remove programs like you did but this time RIGHT CLICK on that entry, and select "UNINSTALL".

Mark Trainer

Thank you Mark, i did that as well, should have told. The very same happens. I made a ticket at PMDG. So anyway, if someone has a tip, go ahead :-) Ill update it though as soon i get info from PMDG.

Alex W.

BetaTeamB.png

This is what I would do - go ahead and let it install like it wants to - who knows what version you'll get but it should fix the messed up installation you're currently dealing with.   Once done, come back and try to right click in add/remove and see if you have an uninstall option.   While it might not fix your issue, it can't hurt.

Good luck.

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SaenchaySor said:

Hi again.... this installler stuff starts to make me crazy.

So today i saw theres an update for the 737. Hitting the update button lets a txt file popup where it tells me to download whole installer again. Ok, np, downloaded it and tried to deinstall the 737 first, to install the new installer.

To my surprise it didnt let me deinstall. In Win programs list, if i deinstal, the installer opens without option to deinstall. See video.

Is it this time really an "update" where we have to overinstall over the other? Or how can i deinstall it first??

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aYAVJ6A8MxrDtYTo1

Alex Wolff

Looks like your install is messed up. I'm guessing something or someone has been playing with your registry and screwed it up. 

Yeah, whatever it was.... install the old one again, then i could delete it....mymy. Thanks everyone.

BetaTeamB.png