Sign in to follow this  
pellelil

RAAS 64 bit not showing up in P3Dv4 on 2nd install

I had RAAS 64 bit running on my P3Dv4 installation together with other tools, planes, scenery and so on. However this morning my P3Dv4 kept CTD, and I was not able to solve it. I happend after a scenery update, and I guess somehow that update f*cked up some files. In the end completely uninstalled ALL add-ons and P3D, and I have begun installing everything again.

Here the 2nd time (1 time after my re-install of P3Dv4) RAAS is not showing up in the add-on menu in P3Dv4 (FSUIPC, GSX, UTLive, Sode are all showing up and working). I have run MAKERWY (4.82) as it should be run (Lorby-SI), and it has produces all the files it should produce. Likewise RAAS is added to dll.xml:
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

But no error messages, and no RAAS menu?

Pelle

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can you view the RAAS log file?  It's available in the AppData folder?

Note that RAAS can take up to 30 seconds to show up in the Addons menu.

If you by AppData means the folder: "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\RAASPRO" I only got an empty (0 KB) RAASPRO.LOG dated 7/30/2013 ?

Got it working !!!

Sadly I am not 100% sure what did it, as I tried different things. I  "THINK" the dll.xml had an error (was missing an end-tag). Otherwise 1st time I uninstalled RAAS I did not delete the folder in appdata. Hence this time I ensured RAAS was completely uninstalled (no RAAS files lest), and the DLL.XML did not contain anything RAAS, and was correctly formed. Then I rebooted and installed RAAS.

So now its running ;-)

Glad you got it running.

It may have been the DLL.xml.

In the good old days, we could just drop DLLs in the module's folder.  No DLL.XML.  It was easy peasy.

Then Microsoft had to make things complicated...

• Upvote 1