Sign in to follow this  
rafikihd

Stuck While Loading ATC at 83%

Hey guys,

Im facing this issue right now where while loading a flight (with the default trike) in Frankfurt or Paris CDG - Default (So far, I have not tested or face this issue in other airports) while loading ATC at 83% a window pops up saying that my computer doesn´t have enough memory blah blah blah and crashes.

I´ve followed the AVSIM CTD 2017 Guide ever since I installed FSX (Recently).

I´ve downloaded the AppCrashView App, but after the crash no newer crasher appear at the top of this app, meaning (I suppose) that it doesn´t recongize it as a crash, I´ve also checked the Windows Event Viewer but no crash appears as well.

Any Suggestions?

Thank you guys

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

Check the "FSX Freezes while loading Flight" error in the back of the guide.  Make sure those probable causes are checked.  Do you have an ATC program?  Many times a module in the dll.xml is corrupt.  Make sure the fsuipc.dll is up-to-date (if installed).  The fact you are running out of memory on loading a flight indicates to me a Windows issue taking up resources and not allowing your FSX to load properly.  As there was no error report for FSX, this might indicate a Windows issue.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply, I´ve actually been through the CTD Guide, but none of the points described in the section "Freezes while loading Flight" helps me fix the problem, except the one you mention about windows resources. Now, as the guide says I can press Ctrl+Shift+Del, and see what application is using excesive amount of resources, but I dont want to close something "important" which windows uses for it to work, or something like that.

Now on the other hand, FSUIPC is up to date and registered, but the fact that you mentioned that it might have been something about Windows, do you think one of the Windows update caused this problem? Im saying this because this problem didnt happen before.

Thanks for your help!

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

A Windows 7 update once caused FSX to crash but that was several years ago.  If it was a Windows Update, I would think many others would be experiencing issues like you are and, so far, you are the only one reporting this type of crash. 

As stated on page 9 of the AVSIM CTD Guide, How to Fix Most Crashes and Freezes, did you rename your fsx.cfg to fsx.cfg.off and your dll.xml to dll.xml.off and your scenery.cfg to scenery.cfg.off, restarted FSX and see if the problem still occurs?  If you are able to load FSX, then there is a problem with at least one of those files.  You could start investigating by removing the .off from the scenery.cfg and restart FSX and see if it loads.  If so, it is not the scenery.cfg.  Next remove the .off from the dll.xml and see if FSX will load.  If so, then you know the problem is most likely in the fsx.cfg.  Perhaps you have a tweak in your fsx.cfg such as the Affinity Mask or BufferPools tweaks and they are not 'tweaked' correctly.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

I´ve Tried renaming those 3 files to the .off extension, ran FSX again but unfortunately the problem is still there. ;(

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Try running Windows Repair as shown on page 23.  That fixed a problem I was having with FSX or P3D once and I believe it was probably something corrupted in the system registry but will never know for sure.  It fixes any issues with Windows but doesn't mess with your installation of FSX or any add-ons. 

The fact you brought your system back to the default by renaming those 3 files indicates to me you have a system or Windows issue.  Make sure your all of your RAM is showing (I use a program like CPU-Z to see that - see page 20).  Maybe you have an issue with one of your memory modules on your system board.

Another thing to check are your drivers.  Windows update does not update your sys bus, USB ports, SATA controllers, etc.  Sometimes it will update your video card drivers but usually nothing else.  See page 15.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim,

So far I´ve tested the CPU-Z to check my ram, but apparently it is working ok.

About the windows repair, I´ll keep you posted since I´m still reading instructions so I don´t mess up anything

35161223783_586c3ac6a3_q.jpgRAM by Rafa H, en Flickr

Hi Jim,

Just finished running the Windows Repair Tool, it found some errors, which I repaired.

But unfortunately, after firing FSX back up and trying again, the problem persists.

Any other method?

Thank you

Hi Jim,

Now that it comes to my mind, earlier today I was messing up with a file called LWcfg.SPB, because I installed the ORBX Slower Traffic V3 but it caused some troubles, and (Dumb me) didn´t make a back up of this file.

Would it have anything to do with this problem?

13 hours ago, rafikihd said:

I was messing up with a file called LWcfg.SPB

I know nothing about the Living World config file but found the following link here on AVSIM - https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/372700-lwcfgxml-invalid/

I would suspect this might be your problem.  I'm sure if you reinstall one of your Orbx programs it would reinstall the file.  There supposedly is a couple of this file in your FSX install - http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-do-i-delete-lwcfg-xml.10876/

At least you have a nice clean system.  Hopefully you will find a fix for repairing the LWcfg.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim,

I restored the LWcfg File to the default one which, according to the posts you sent me, is on the MSFS dated 10/12/2007 and its 153kb in size.

But the problem is still there. I was googling and found this link:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/355100-g3ddll-workaroundfix-to-prevent-fsx-crashes/

Its dated a while ago, but tried the airports mention in the First Post by KOSTAS (EBBR,EDDF,LOWI,LFPG etc) and in all of them the problem appears. Now, in this posts it says that is a G3d.dll problem (which in my case I don't know because the crash app detector don't detect the crash) and that FSUIPC is the solution, but unfortunately not for me, so far. :(

What else can I do? I have no problems (So far) in North America whatsoever, is only in those mentioned airports, I know that its only a few of them, but its that feeling that you need your FSX to run without any problem, you know?

Didn't realize you had the g3d.dll problem.  The AVSIM CTD Guide says the same thing about the fsuipc trapping those errors.  It does not trap any other errors and it is just for FSX users.  The problem was fixed in Prepar3D. 

I am having a problem understanding your OP.  You state FSX crashes when loading a flight at 83% when ATC is loading (actually it is air, land, and sea traffic).  It is only happening in Europe and not in North America.

Most likely it is a problem with terrain not loading properly as terrain loads before air,land, and sea traffic.  This happened to me once and it was caused because I had enabled too much photoscenery.  So, do you have photoscenery for Europe installed?  Even so, you stated you turned off your scenery.cfg and let the sim rebuild your scenery.cfg back to the default and that would have wiped out any add-on scenery loading.  Do you have anything like vector stuff from Orbx or Global 2010?  Anything like GEX Europe or UTX?  There has to be something like that that is causing the problem.  GEX replaces your default textures and they are optimized better for FSX.  I don't know exactly what Global 2010 does but heard they just released an update.  Orbx has a bunch of stuff for Europe too.  If you do not have any of that installed, and you returned your fsx.cfg, dll.xml (if any), and scenery.cfg back to the default, then I'm totally lost and have no more suggestions.  If someone else has no further suggestions (and they are all in the AVSIM CTD Guide), then you should uninstall FSX and then reinstall it.  I always recommend PMDG's guide - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Good luck!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim,

Well about the G3d.dll problem it was just a wild guess, because it coincides with the airports mention in the post I mentioned above. I completely agree with you that it is mostly a terrain problem, I use ORBX Global, Vector and Open LC North America. Although at the time of the crash the Fs slider turns from 82% in Adjusting Scenery Objects to 83% in Loading ATC and thats where the message appears.

Now, the message says something about my PC running out of memory, and that I should move my sliders to a lower setting in traffic and graphics or something like that, although I already tried with minimum settings but no luck. :(

So apparently reinstalling FS would be my solution, although it is always the last of my resources, Im pretty sure that it is for most of us.

What if I try by repairing the FS by using the CD? Would I loose any of my addons, and textures?

1 hour ago, rafikihd said:

What if I try by repairing the FS by using the CD? Would I loose any of my addons, and textures?

You simply insert the DVD again and chose "Repair" in the menu.  It will replace your FSX.cfg and Scenery.cfg to the default.  I am pretty positive that Orbx Global, Orbx Vector, and Open LC North America will be removed as they replace some of the default files?  Before repairing FSX, I would simply uninstall the Orbx products.  Looks like something went amiss there.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim,

I´ll give that a try :(, thank you.

Just a heads up, in another forum some guy told me that it was an atc.dll error and recomended me to search for that file on the FSX Cd and replace it in the MSFS, which I did, and when trying to fire FSX up again the sim wouldnt even start and hanged up saying it was an API.dll error, so I went back to the old atc.dll (the backed up one) and started up normally.

Now comes to my mind that since I use Fsx SP2, the SP2 modifies the default ATC.dll (From  the CD) kinda updating it, so in order to try a new ATC.dll I should take it from what the SP2 installs, is there anyway to get only this file before the repair?.

Thanks in advance for all your help.