Sign in to follow this  
rafikihd

Stuck While Loading ATC at 83%

13 hours ago, rafikihd said:

I should take it from what the SP2 installs, is there anyway to get only this file before the repair?.

Here's the link to SP2 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8986

You will also need SP1 if you do a repair - https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack1.aspx

So, to do a repair, you insert the DVD's, then, once completed, doubleclick on SP1 and it will give you the repair option too and then SP2.

I do not see where FSX loads ATC after you leave the setup screen.  It loads air, land, and sea traffic but not ATC.  Air Traffic Control is completely separate and not even loaded at all (ATC.dll is loaded at startup before you get to the setup screen as all modules with a .dll extension in the main fsx directory are loaded right away).  If you use ATC during a flight it is there as it is coded into the fsx program (which uses the module atc.dll).  The ATC.dll is not your problem (unless it is missing).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

I´ll try the repair backing up everything first, in order not to loose any of my addons and tweaks in fsx.cfg.

I´ll keep you posted, thank you very much for your help anyways.

Best Regards from Mexico,

Rafa.

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

1 hour ago, rafikihd said:

tweaks in fsx.cfg

Tweaks?  Ugh!  You really don't need with your system.  See our FSX Configuration Guide (link in my signature or on the sidebar under Hot Spots).  If you have a bad tweak, it can bring your system to its knees.  I had the Bufferpool tweak once and it created all kinds of problems for me.  I have never tried the Affinity Mask.  You do know that the settings are not the same as for everyone.  You have to figure out the best for your system specs.  I tried those put out by NickN, a reputed computer expert and I had major issues.  Stuttering and long pauses.  Removed the Bufferpool tweak and FSX ran great.

Hope the repair works!  I have run out of solutions.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

How are you?

About the tweaks, yeah I chose the ones that are best for my PC.

But guess what, miraculously, while still investigating right before doing the repair, I uninstalled my AI Traffic (3d Party) and Voila, the problem is gone!

Im pretty sure it was a corrupt texture in it. The problem is to find out which, because it had a whole lot of textures.

Thank you anyways for your help Jim!

I really Appreciate it!

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

On 7/19/2017 at 0:32 PM, rafikihd said:

Im pretty sure it was a corrupt texture in it. The problem is to find out which, because it had a whole lot of textures.

I was just able to replicate the crash while loading.  It crashed at 88% while Land, Air, and Sea Traffic was being loaded.  In my case, the crash report indicated Exception Code 0374 was at fault (along with a StackHash error).  This indicates a configuration problem with the application and most likely an add-on to the application is not configured properly.  In my case I had disabled FSDT KLAX v2 from loading.  When I restarted P3D and loaded my aircraft for KLAX, it crashed at 88%.  I uninstalled KLAX and then ran the FSDT Live Update program.  I restarted P3D and loaded my aircraft to KLAX and it loaded successfully.  So you are correct in assuming it was a third party program configuration that causes this problem.

Submit News to AVSIM

Disregard.  Did not fix.  Got the error at 88% again.

Submit News to AVSIM

I use many FSDT Airports but so far I have not had any problem with them, they actually run pretty smooth!

In your case it might be the exact same problem as mine but this time might be with one of the textures of KLAX, mine was the ### AI Traffic causing the problem. I´m actually not quite sure if I would install it back again fearing that the same problem shows up, don´t know if the texture was corrupted since the first time I installed it or during the installation of any other add-on.

Either way, the problem is now solved, just wanted to keep you posted, thank you so much for your help and patience.!

Keep up the good work Jim!

Yes, Thanks.  FYI, your AI traffic program uses aircraft made by many members of our community without their permission.  We have banned the software from AVSIM.

I am pretty sure I had corrupted addon scenery.xml's that are used now instead of the scenery.cfg.  Got that straightened out and no problems since.  One xml file was not formatted in utf-8.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hey Jim,

Glad you could figure it out without any trouble!

Now, on the other hand somewhere else on this forum I saw you posted that the tweaks for FSX may decrease performance specially if you have a High-End System,

-Does my PC Specs make my system a High-End System?

- I do have some tweaks, to be honest, I use the ForceFullScreenVSync, the HighMemFix, and the Affinity Mask, Does this tweaks can actually downgrade the performance on my PC? Which ones should I use and which I shouldnt?

I´ve downloaded the AVSIM Config Guide, at the bottom of your signature, but I havent had the chance to give it a good read.

Tweaks were great for systems prior to the release of Sandy Bridge (i7 2600K) but really are not needed.  Any performance increase will be minimal at best and the wrong parameters and it could cause more problems.  The "highmemfix=1" is not a tweak but an actual fix to FSX (boxed version only).  It was supposed to be released with SP2/Acceleration.  Before my current system I had the i7 4770K CPU and used the settings shown in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide and they worked well for me.  The settings are high but provide good graphics and you will have good performance on most flights.  The settings were tested with default scenery and aircraft though so any add-ons will decrease performance a bit more.  I wanted some settings where someone who just got into FSX could download the guide and set up their FSX with those settings and take off and enjoy the flights.  There is a lot of tweaking going on looking for the best performance and you are not going to get the same flight experience with every flight, with every add-on.  That would be boring if you had great performance on every flight... :huh:  One is either going to learn some of the aspects of aviation and flying GA or the heavies or they are going to spend their valuable time tweaking, looking for the holy grail of fixes.  For FSX and 32-bit applications, the only thing you have to be concerned about is running out of virtual address space and high settings and some tweaks will deplete the 4GB's of space rapidly if you are running some eye-candy add-ons.  So be careful. 

Hope the guide helps you in your enjoyment of flight simulation.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim,

I have read the Avsim Guide, followed some steps but left my original tweaks ForceFullScreenVSync, the HighMemFix, and the Affinity Mask, I also noted that I have the Fiber Time Fraction activated in 0.15, and my FS seems to run without any OOM problem, except (Sometimes) for LatinVFR KMIA but thats another story, so I would guess that my FSX.cfg has the correct tweaks.

The guide though provides really good information and explanation of those tweaks, plus the config settings in FSX, plus the right settings in Nvidia Inspector.

The Nvidia Inspector Settings is it properly adjusted to work with the Direct X 10 preview?

Best Regards

2 hours ago, rafikihd said:

The Nvidia Inspector Settings is it properly adjusted to work with the Direct X 10 preview?

Yes.  Anyone who does not use DX10 now that we have Steve's DX10 Fixer, is making a big mistake as it provides so much more immersion into FS.  Now, in P3D (which is FSX) we have DX11.

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Definitely,

I used to fly in FSX with DX9 and changed to DX10...wow, completely different!

Anyways thanks for all your help Jim, really appreciate it!