Sign in to follow this  
rozel

Trouble setting Graphics Options - Display

I suspect I've run afoul of the Unicode feature in P3D v4. When I make setting changes to Graphics/Options-Display and Save I don't get the same settings when I select different saved settings and return to the last saved settings of the Texture Filtering and Texture Resolution are "demoted".

For example I save Texture Filtering to 16x and Texture resolution to 2048x2049 my profile is Custom instead of the name I just saved. When I choose the Profile I just saved Texture Filtering changes to 8x and Texture Resolution changes to 1048x1048.

I'm suspecting a Reload of P3d v4. If anyone has encountered this and has a less nuclear fix please let me know.

CFI-AI 42 Years stale

If man were meant to fly god would have given him $ money.

Win 10 Pro 64 - i7 5820k - GTX 980 - 894GB SSD - 3TB HDD - 16GB DDR4 RAM 

4k Sony Monitor - NVIDIA Driver 382.05

FSXSE-FSX- X Plane 10- P3D v3.4 and v4

Saitek X55, rudder pedals, Saitek Cyborg Gamepad,EZCA,FSCUIP,TrackIR.

FTX PNW,MegaScenery Earth Illinois,Coranado SkyMaster,A2A Comanche

I have some information on this.

I too was having the same issue: my texture resolution setting wouldn't stick. Would always get 'demoted to one notch lower.

Now, this is with P3Dv4, but it sounds the same.

I can't take credit other than using Google. Here's  the thread in the P3D forums.

What it boils down to is having a/some A2A aircraft selected in the default flight. Doing this messes with your graphics settings. Who knew?

Since I changed the default aircraft back to a stock aircraft, the problem, for me, is gone.

Hope this helps anyone having this issue.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

On 7/22/2017 at 3:15 AM, RichieFly said:

What it boils down to is having a/some A2A aircraft selected in the default flight. Doing this messes with your graphics settings. Who knew?

Ahhh that's the reason!
I was having exactly the same issue. Is A2A made aware of this?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

39 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Ahhh that's the reason!
I was having exactly the same issue. Is A2A made aware of this?

Not really a problem that A2A needs to address.

It is standard policy that one should not set a complex aircraft as part of your default scenario, especially those that use methods external to the sim to control features that could not be implemented within the limits of the sim (so all PMDG aircraft, A2A and Majestic Q400). For that reason all these developers recommend not setting up the default-scenario with one of their planes, nor ever loading one complex plane after already opening up a scenario with another complex plane (so for example starting with PMDG 737 and then switching to the 777). So if you had managed to set the default up with a complex plane (say from A2A) you would have trouble switching to any other complex aircraft (either another A2A or a PMDG plane).

Always use a stock default plane, set up at your home base or favorite field, as the default flight, and set scenario screen to show at start-up.

From there it is only a few extra clicks to load up any non-default, saved flight scenario with say an A2A or PMDG plane. Note: as long as the standard-plane default flight is displayed in the startup scenario screen, you do not have to actually load/open it - just click LOAD at bottom left, and select your favorite saved scenario with a more complex plane.

This prevents all sorts of problems with planes and other items not initializing properly.

Robin Harris

Thanks Robin.

Presently I'm using the P3d default to start with then changing to the a2a Comanche and then selecting a location. The method you describe sound much simpler. I'll give it a try.

Best Rozel