Sign in to follow this  
jasonstory44

MyTraffic6/AI Question

Hi guys, getting back into Prepar3d after a decent absence.  In Version 4.

Just installed MyTraffic6 and was wondering some suggestions for slider volume settings.

I can get 60+ fps with graphics sliders very high without traffic.  Bumped traffic up to 60% to try and add a little life but at big airports that drags things to a crawl...FPS- 9-20 FPS.

Was wondering what you guys fly with for some balance.

Thanks Jason

20%. That way I don't keep getting go a round's from ATC when landing.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Ah ok. So maybe I have it set way too high. And you still get a lot of traffic and movement at the airport?

reason I ask is at 60% I still don't see a ton of activity but do see a lot of static aircraft. Maybe I'm not hanging around the airport long enough because I have been told it takes awhile to get busy. Is this true?  Or should there be activity right off the bat?

thanks Jason

It also depends which airport you're at. 60% is different at LAX vs. SNA for example. If you have fsuipc you can set it high and use the AI limiter. 

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

are you sure it is installed correctly? Do you see any of the MT6 traffic anywhere? If you're seeing the built in AI, Orbit Airlines, etc - you need to disable the default traffic.bgl.

Go to KBUR at Gate 8 and you should see several Southwest 737's pretty much any time but try around 5pm

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Looks like the traffic all installed normally vgbaron.  Lots of Southwest airlines at the gate there.

So I guess curious to poll what settings you guys use.  And what you set the limiter to in FSUIPC.

At 60 % at KBUR it still seemed to crush my framerates so obviously I need to dial that back.  Or am I better off using the limiter?

Thanks Jason

2 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

It also depends which airport you're at.

Exactly. I find that, all around, 10% is a reasonably good number. Airports will never be filled to the point they should be but large airports have a few planes and small airports have some too. But [most importantly] your frames won't go to hell.

I also reinstalled MT6 after some time away from it but found the models to be utterly lacking. And I totally understand the balance between number of polygons, vertices, etc. and performance. But man, up close (i.e. at or near a gate) and they're pretty underwhelming.

I am using MT6a in v4 too. Depending on my start / departure airports I set the commercial  traffic between 15 and 30% and GA traffic always at 15%. This gives me nice performance with complex aircrafts everywhere. (Depends of course as well on how much to the right you set all your graphics setting sliders - I am one notch to the left from the extreme settings and am perfectly happy with the visuals and the performance).

Best Regards
Frank

Ok that's great guys. Gives me a good starting point.  I'll cut my sliders at least in half. 

And I agree frank that the models are rough looking up close.  Are there better replacement models or programs out there?

cheets Jason

I don't know of a complete "plug and play" solution that will give airline, cargo, GA and military in one package at this point except MT6a.  I'm using MT6a and it does give a nice balance of traffic.  I'm watching UT Live but, as far as I know, it doesn't include military or cargo.  I worked at FedEx for 28 years and would miss seeing our planes!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

14 hours ago, jasonstory44 said:

At 60 % at KBUR it still seemed to crush my framerates so obviously I need to dial that back.  Or am I better off using the limiter?

Thanks Jason

I think you still have a misunderstanding about how the AI traffic works.  AI traffic isn't JUST at the airport YOU are at.  It is also at ALL airports within a radius of the airport you are at.  So you could be OK with 60% AI setting at an airport without many other airports near it.  But 60% ANYWHERE in the Los Angeles basin area (like KBUR) with a third-party AI addon is going to choke your computer.  It will be putting AI at KBUR, KVNY, KLAX (which alone with 60% can kill you), and a whole lot of other airports in the vicinity (look at a map of airports in the LA basin area...they are all over the place).

Plus, if those airports have working JETWAYS at them, your problem is even worse.  Your sim is activating all those jetways at the other airports, even if you can't see them from where you are.

60% setting in major metropolitan areas with lots of airports is NORMALLY gonna kill your computer.  If you adjust your percentages, take into account not ONLY the airport you are at, but how many other nearby airports there are too.  That's why a lot of us just stay at the 10 - 20% setting.  You will still get plenty of AI traffic with that with a good third-party AI program.  Or as mentioned, get FSUIPC and set a limit on the number of aircraft that will be generated and where (you can use it to have AI generated only at your airport and the nearest airports to you, etc, etc, like you could set it for a maximum of 200 AI showing only near, but mostly at, KBUR while you are there).

Rick Ryan

I set mine at 15%. The dev of MT6 suggested that for good results with minimal performance hit. I see plenty of AI, especially in the LA Basin.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors