Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

HiFi Sim ActiveSky Prepar3d v4 have nailed it.

Guest JustanotherPilot

The latest build improves haze in mountains and cloud realism to a new level. Prepar3D v4 is stock no PTA or tweaks. - NGX 737 western departure from YBBN (Brisbane, Australia)

2017-7-14_14-9-28-942.jpg

Yearh - I noticed that too, when on descend into KLAX the other day... it was quite beautiful.
Hats off to Hifi.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Yup, it is pretty damn amazing.  I very often sit in awe of what I'm seeing on my screen.  

Nice shots.

It does look great!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Great developer!  I was happy to see them ready for P3Dv4 as soon as it came out.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

4 hours ago, vc10man said:

Is there an Upgrade Path for FSX owners?

AS16 was released as 2 different products, so you could either buy full FSX, upgrade from ASN into FSX, full P3D or upgrade from ASN into AS16 P3D (I guess that could be it if it's still available).

The P3Dv4 is a free upgrade from AS16 P3D

I can clearly remember the early days with FS2004 and ActiveSky when we struggled with winds switching 180* at altitude and causing our tube-liners to either stall or over speed.  It is truly amazing what Damian and his team have achieved since that time.  AS16 is an absolutely essential part of my simming experience.

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

10 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

AS16 was released as 2 different products, so you could either buy full FSX, upgrade from ASN into FSX, full P3D or upgrade from ASN into AS16 P3D (I guess that could be it if it's still available).

The P3Dv4 is a free upgrade from AS16 P3D

Thanks for that.  I already have ASN SP4 for FSX/P3D according the email simMarket sent me.

Active Sky is amazing! This is by far the best weather engine EVER produced for any simulator. Congrats to the team!

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that.  I already have ASN SP4 for FSX/P3D according the email simMarket sent me.

Awesome!

What I don't know is if ASCA has also been made compatible, not yet, or was never needed as it is just textures..?

I must admit that I simply did the update without looking at the change log. Next thing I knew I was getting lovely scenes like this between ENVA and ENBR.

2017-7-15_19-12-34-892.jpg?token=mHCWi4a

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dmiannay said:

I can clearly remember the early days with FS2004 and ActiveSky when we struggled with winds switching 180* at altitude and causing our tube-liners to either stall or over speed.  It is truly amazing what Damian and his team have achieved since that time.  AS16 is an absolutely essential part of my simming experience.

I hadn't thought about those old issues lately, I guess because they don't happen any more, but now you mention I totally agree.

On 7/17/2017 at 3:30 PM, Parping Couplet said:

I must admit that I simply did the update without looking at the change log. Next thing I knew I was getting lovely scenes like this between ENVA and ENBR.

2017-7-15_19-12-34-892.jpg?token=mHCWi4a

Man, this image is just so beautiful... Truly amazing how this platform has evolved since that first time that I booted up FS98! Can I just inquire what system you have? I'm in the process of assembling a new rig, and would be curious to see to what extent I might expect a scenario such as this to run well on my build.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case