Sign in to follow this  
xitop

FSX Acceleration Pack validation problem.Windows 10

Validated FSX ok, however, when the acceleration pack was installed, no validation key is requested, and  a "Trial expired" message ends my flight. How can I validate?

I read of a fix that involves modifying a registry key, changing the word partmgr to PartMgr.. will this work? and if so, how do I enable editing of that word.... what option do I choose from the popup  edit "NEW" menu?

thanks

xitop

This sounds familiar, like a month or two ago, IIRC. And making the registry edit solved it for me. Use the built in Regedit to make the changes to the registry.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

This fix will allow the activation of FSX and FSX Gold but not the separate Acceleration box. This will now cause the Acceleration to continue to ask for the license key each time your restart. I tried to repair ACC with no luck.

I am still looking for a solution.

3 hours ago, Flysimware said:

This fix will allow the activation of FSX and FSX Gold but not the separate Acceleration box.

FSX Gold includes Acceleration.  You do not need to install the standalone Acceleration.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 9/21/2018 at 7:22 AM, Jim Young said:

FSX Gold includes Acceleration.  You do not need to install the standalone Acceleration.

Yes that is why i said the fix is for FSX non gold and gold. My issue is i use FSX Deluxe and this does not include ACC.

P.S. I solved the issue by using the option to activate by phone. And the voice said to keep the long key for future use. So activating offline worked. 

Still not sure why it would activate online then once offline it would ask to activate again. That is what the main issue was. This is how everyone activates normally and Windows 10 is causing a strange issue even after re installing. So now i am forced to use the long code.

12 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

Yes that is why i said the fix is for FSX non gold and gold. My issue is i use FSX Deluxe and this does not include ACC.

Okay.  Misunderstood your post.  It is amazing you were able to activate on-line.  I thought that was impossible.  I have FSX Deluxe and Acc too and reinstalled FSX last year and ran into the same problems as you.  I had written a long memo on everything I did to get it reinstalled but somehow, after several Windows resets, they managed to wipe out my Word documents.  My solution was to use the PartsMgr fix as above for FSX and to use KB928080 to reset the license for Acc.  It took me many hours and days to get it installed until I got these "fixes" figured out.  The key thing is that you must go to an elevated cmd prompt (by right clicking Command Prompt in Windows Search and selecting to run in Admin mode).  Then you have to get to resets ldl -all.  I put the file in my c:/ directory and then got it to run from there.  Reinstalled Acc and got the msg to activate and enter my license key and it activated w/o any problems.  More info at the following link in case anyone else has this problem in the future - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/928080/error-1722-when-reinstalling-flight-simulator-x

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10