Sign in to follow this  
Emmanuel Pacamalan

What ever happened to "micro updates"?

Opened the operations center and there an update for the 777 to fix the bugged autobrake knob, however, when I attempted to install the update, it is asking me to re-download the entire installer once again. Is there another installer improvement not listed in the changelog?-- (because it seems excessive to re-download an entire installed just to fix the autobrake switch) OR am I wrongly assuming that the 777 is ready for micro updates? If it's the latter, can somebody clarify if as of today, only the 747 is micro update compatible?

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I think that post will answer your question:

And please be aware that the forum rules require to sign all your posts with full names.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

12 minutes ago, Emmanuel Pacamalan said:

Opened the operations center and there an update for the 777 to fix the bugged autobrake knob, however, when I attempted to install the update, it is asking me to re-download the entire installer once again. Is there another installer improvement not listed in the changelog?-- (because it seems excessive to re-download an entire installed just to fix the autobrake switch) OR am I wrongly assuming that the 777 is ready for micro updates? If it's the latter, can somebody clarify if as of today, only the 747 is micro update compatible?

I'm going to just copy/paste my response from an earlier thread:

As one of the guys who got the updater off the ground as a concept, I'm extremely proud of the functionality that it offers, and the improvements that we've made to it (thanks, in large part, to feedback we see here). All the same, there are certain points where we need to ask that you all download a full installer. Given that we have the capability to use either avenue, it shouldn't be too much of a logical jump to assume that, when we ask you to do the full installer - uninstall - reinstall procedure, there's a reason behind that.

In this case, our installers have received some pretty extensive changes that make your installs more bulletproof and error resistant. A solid base install, of course, yields more success for the Updater. As RSR mentioned in the latest pinned thread, we're really trying to set a clean baseline to work from.

We get that it's frustrating. I'd love to use the updater to get some of these updates out to you. Given the nature of the type of update, that's not realistically something that we can do, which is why we asked you to go through grabbing the full installer again. We would not have asked you to do so otherwise. We, of course, appreciate your understanding, and hope that you can see that we're doing so for all of your best interests, and for the benefit of supporting all of you.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Any status for Aerosoft customers regarding the latest 8396 / 8395 updates for the 737NGX and 772/W ?

I really thought the OC was smart enough to make the neccessary updates.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

2 minutes ago, Wothan said:

Any status for Aerosoft customers regarding the latest 8396 / 8395 updates for the 737NGX and 772/W ?

I really thought the OC was smart enough to make the neccessary updates.

The OC is smart enough providing the aircraft is properly installed. That's why there is those new updats so that in the future the OC can update perfectly, with everyone correctly isntalled with all prerequisites. They know what they did don't worry. 

36 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm going to just copy/paste my response from an earlier thread:

As one of the guys who got the updater off the ground as a concept, I'm extremely proud of the functionality that it offers, and the improvements that we've made to it (thanks, in large part, to feedback we see here). All the same, there are certain points where we need to ask that you all download a full installer. Given that we have the capability to use either avenue, it shouldn't be too much of a logical jump to assume that, when we ask you to do the full installer - uninstall - reinstall procedure, there's a reason behind that.

In this case, our installers have received some pretty extensive changes that make your installs more bulletproof and error resistant. A solid base install, of course, yields more success for the Updater. As RSR mentioned in the latest pinned thread, we're really trying to set a clean baseline to work from.

We get that it's frustrating. I'd love to use the updater to get some of these updates out to you. Given the nature of the type of update, that's not realistically something that we can do, which is why we asked you to go through grabbing the full installer again. We would not have asked you to do so otherwise. We, of course, appreciate your understanding, and hope that you can see that we're doing so for all of your best interests, and for the benefit of supporting all of you.

At this point wouldn't this just warrant its own pinned thread :biggrin:

1 hour ago, wedgantilles said:

The OC is smart enough providing the aircraft is properly installed. That's why there is those new updats so that in the future the OC can update perfectly, with everyone correctly isntalled with all prerequisites. They know what they did don't worry. 

I just wonder if they even are aware at Aerosoft that there are new versions available, considering the short time between those issues has been issued. ?

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

14 minutes ago, Wothan said:

I just wonder if they even are aware at Aerosoft that there are new versions available, considering the short time between those issues has been issued. ?

Pretty sure PMDG did tell them and actually send them the information and files once new version is available. I would not worry about that.

I think the topic has been discussed enough, but I wanted to add a point: I do think it's okay to not always install the newest version right away. I think PMDG will let us know when they think they have updated the installer for a while. Of course if you run into trouble then you will first have to update before getting support. It just means even if they release a new install version I will probably just hold off for a week or 2, maybe saving a full reinstall, because it just still costs some time to do it and download it.

I do love the micro updates and for that I want to thank them at this point :)

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif