Sign in to follow this  
Kjelle

Can not install PMDG 737 on Prepar 3 d v.4

Hello.

I have had acute problems with Pmdg 737 NGX. I recently bought a new computer and installed Prepar3d v4. Because Pmdg promised that owners of previous versions of 737 would get the update to v.4 for free, I downloaded 737 home from Pmdg´s homepage this day.  I downloaded the basic package 737 800/900 and the expansion package 737 600/700 from the page for my previous puschase.

When installing the basic package, something obviously went wrong. First I could see the Operation center. Brought home some liveries.

When I finished the installation, I could not see the Operation center in the start menu.

I tried to lose the base pack completely in the control panel, but it did not work. The basic package remains in the folder Pmdg in prep3d v.4 main folder.

At the start of the simulator, I can see that the basic package´s plan remains, but only in Pmdg´s painting. No liveries.

When I tried to install the expansion package 737 600/700, the following window was was displayed: "Installation can not continue. Your registry does not show a valid Prepar 3d installation location".

Can someone help me? What should I do? How do I uninstall the base package? Grateful for all views.

Kjelle

Have you purchased the P3D versions from PMDG, or is it the FSX versions you went back into your account to retrieve? If it is the latter, then no sir, it will not work and you may end up getting that error message.

In that case, maybe Kyle will spot this thread here and reply to your issue.

26 minutes ago, Kjelle said:

Hello.

I have had acute problems with Pmdg 737 NGX. I recently bought a new computer and installed Prepar3d v4. Because Pmdg promised that owners of previous versions of 737 would get the update to v.4 for free, I downloaded 737 home from Pmdg´s homepage this day.  I downloaded the basic package 737 800/900 and the expansion package 737 600/700 from the page for my previous puschase.

When installing the basic package, something obviously went wrong. First I could see the Operation center. Brought home some liveries.

When I finished the installation, I could not see the Operation center in the start menu.

I tried to lose the base pack completely in the control panel, but it did not work. The basic package remains in the folder Pmdg in prep3d v.4 main folder.

At the start of the simulator, I can see that the basic package´s plan remains, but only in Pmdg´s painting. No liveries.

When I tried to install the expansion package 737 600/700, the following window was was displayed: "Installation can not continue. Your registry does not show a valid Prepar 3d installation location".

Can someone help me? What should I do? How do I uninstall the base package? Grateful for all views.

Kjelle

I'm not sure what the issue is with the installation of the 800/900 base pack but the 600/700 hasn't been released for P3Dv4 yet.

NAX669.png

25 minutes ago, Kjelle said:

I can't really follow what you've written here, and, as I like to point out here, uninstalls/reinstalls can do more damage than anything else if done incorrectly.

Installing should be relatively straightforward. The OC appears after the installation completes. It may not be running as an admin, though, so it might not have done anything, depending on your computer, and if you have third party anti-virus programs installed.

Uninstalling should be done through the Control Panel. This may not remove all the folders from your sim, however, as it intentionally leaves some files behind. This does not mean that the uninstall did not work. All the same, DO NOT uninstall/reinstall unless someone instructs you to do so. Again, if done improperly, it makes more of a mess than you'd set out to solve.

Finally, the note that you don't have any liveries in your sim points back to anti-virus blocking, or not running the OC as an admin.

From what I can tell, everything installed properly, but your OC is being blocked by something - either Windows UAC, or anti-virus programs.

Kyle Rodgers

I can started  and fly PMDG 737 from simulator. All aircraft have PMDG livieres. No other livieres. But I can not see Operation Center on start menu. I hade closes my virus program but no differens. What can I do now?

I can find OC in folder Program (x86). When I open this folder I can see many files, ex PMSG Operations Center. In this folder I can see Ops CenterUpdater, Operations Center, PMDG icon, PMDG OC Manual and  many Product Module 737 NGX P3D. dll files. 

Kjelle

15 minutes ago, Kjelle said:

I can started  and fly PMDG 737 from simulator. All aircraft have PMDG livieres. No other livieres. But I can not see Operation Center on start menu. I hade closes my virus program but no differens. What can I do now?

If the OC is gone, then your anti-virus probably removed it. I'd remove the AV program, honestly. Try to find the OC in your AV program's quarantine first, though (it may have just deleted it without telling you - one of the many reasons I think AV programs themselves have become viruses).

Kyle Rodgers

I have fix livieres now . They work fine in simulator. I have too a copy of OC from folder Program (x86) to my desktop/screen as shortcut.. This work fine too.

Kjell